Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Things are Getting Better!!

Hi Mom!

Nooooooo! Not the Expedition. I love that car! There have been a couple of times on my mission where I have ridden in an Expedition, and it reminds me of home. I found out as well on my mission that an Expedition is a Hispanic car down in the south. So, we have always owned a Hispanic car. I hope they can fix it!

This week was so much better. We are beginning to teach a lot more people, mostly less-actives, and some of them have been coming to church. It will be a slow process to get this area up to the point where we want it to be, but we are seeing results quickly. On Tuesday we started teaching English Classes as a second language. Only one person showed up, but she was a non-member. On Wednesday we began to advertise the classes by putting fliers up in different areas in the city where lots of Hispanics go. We put about 20 fliers up on Wednesday, and with-in and hour we were getting phone calls from people wanting to come. We are very excited for these classes!

My companion is Elder Peck from Sandy, UT. He came out at the same time that I did, and we are getting along really well. Elder Peck also came out right after High School, so that makes him the first companion that I have had who is younger than me.

I am really enjoying this area. I really hope that I am able to do what Heavenly Father wants me to do here. I love the work! I am happy to hear that everything is still going well back home. I love y'all!
Love, Elder Stewart

Hi Dad!
This week was so much better than the last. We found some good people, and we are working with a lot of less-actives. I love this area and the ward here.
Answers:

1. How is the new companion?

He is good. I am trying really hard to get along with him.

2. Do you two get along?

Yes!

3. How long has he been out?

He came out the same time that I did. And he graduated in 2013 as well.

4. Are you the senior companion?

Yes I am.

5. How many spanish speaking missionaries are in your mission?

Around 70 I think.

6. Do you like the new area?

Yes! It is nice to have a car, and a nicer apartment, and the members feed us really well here.

7. How is the new ward and people that you are serving?

They are great. I was able to get to know them a lot quicker here, and I am looking forward to serving with all of them.

8. Picked up any new investigators?

Yes, we found an investigator named Teresa, and a few part member families to work with.

9. Are you able to do things as a district and zone?.

Yes, we will be. There is a place close by called Shananigan's where we can go for free to play mini-golf, laser tag, go-karts etc. Sounds like it will be fun.

10. What experiences did you have this week that helped your testimony.

We went out knocking a lot this week, since there weren't a lot of people for us to teach, and we found someone named Teresa. We rescheduled for another day, and we had to cancel on her twice, because we didn't have a man to bring with us to the lessons, but she still accepted. When we came by to teach the lesson, the lesson went OK, but she received it so well. She had just lost her job, and she lives all by herself. She believes that us coming to her house when we did was a gift from God. She committed to read, and she should be coming to Church soon!

Experiences like this always help me to know that God loves his children, and he answers prayers.



11. Are you working hard and looking to love the people?

Yes. I love Hispanic people! Especially the members. They are so nice and I love speaking Spanish to them. It is always a great time. And I am working very hard. We are always working, but now we just need to work more effectively through the members.

I also spoke in Church on Sunday on the Sacrament. I am getting use to speaking and teaching in front of lots of people, but the Spanish still scares me a lot of times. I always pray that I will be able to touch the hearts of others in teaching and speaking, and yesterday I could definately see the Lord's help in my talk. I was able to speak with very little trouble. I didn't really have to even think about translating into Spanish, it just came to me. The Lord always provides in the way that he needs to, and after the meeting many people complimented me on my Spanish. It has been such a blessing to learn how to speak Spanish, and I hope that I can find ways to speak it when I go home.

BYU! Yes! I am glad they won, hopefully they will beat Texas again so that more people will listen to the missionaries down here. It will be exciting to watch! Where is Texas University?

Thank you for all you do for me Dad. I love you very much, and I am so grateful that I have been able to watch your example for many years. Have a great week, and make sure you tell me how badly BYU beats Texas!

Love, Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment