Monday, September 22, 2014

Following the Spirit!!

Hi Mom,

The work this week started out great! We were teaching a lot, and we had some really good experiences/lessons. We taught the Moreno family about eternal marriage and watched a video clip from the video together forever. It was very cheesy, but the message was great, and the spirit was strong. We then asked them what their plans were for the marriage, and they are planning on getting married in November, because their family will be here at that time. We were a little disappointed that it isn't going to be sooner, but we are going to help them the whole way. I am excited for them.

On Wednesday one of the appointments that we had fell through, and we didn't have anything to do. We had already been knocking earlier, and we were pondering whether or not we needed to keep knocking, or go visit someone else. We were sitting in our car and my companion said, "You know how PMG says that we should follow the Spirit in where to go and what to do." I replied that I did, and he continued, "Is that supposed to be all the time everyday?" We decided that we should say a prayer on where to go, and as we finished I had the impression that we needed to go and visit a less-active that has been coming back to church recently. We drove to her house and knocked twice without an answer. I began to feel nervous, but I wasn't going to give up on them yet, so I knocked again, and after awhile as we were thinking about leaving, a boy answered the door. His name was Johnathan and he wasn't a member of our church, but he was living with his aunt who is the less-active. He let us in, and we were able to teach him. It wasn't the best lesson ever, and he canceled the next appointment that we had with him, but It was a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father really is guiding us in our lives. He loves us and wants us to do what is right, and he sends us his messenger, the Holy Ghost to give us the direction we need. I love Heavenly Father. I will let you know if Johnathan progresses in the next week.

Teresa has been really sick recently, so we haven't been able to teach her, but she is still interested, and she wants to come to church, so we will keep teaching her!

I also learned this week that Heavenly Father keeps us humble. We started out the week great, teaching lots of good lessons. I was thinking that I was really good for being able to come into an area with nothing and make it start to progress. So when the weekend came around everything cancelled and we were only able to get a few lessons in. It wasn't a very good way to finish off the amazing start of the week that we had, but I know who I was reminded who deserves the credit for the success, and that is our Heavenly Father. I am grateful and blessed to be having lessons to teach, and investigators that are great! I love this area, and I am grateful to be serving here! Hopefully the Lord and us can continue to make it better and better.

I am glad that y'all are doing well. I love having a family who is very supportive of me in all I do. I am grateful for your help love and support. I love you so much! Have a great week, and I will talk to you next week. Transfer calls are this Saturday by the way. The mission is starting to fly by now.

Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment