Monday, September 15, 2014

I Love Serving the People!!

Hello Mom,

I am still doing good! The work here is continuing to grow, and we were able to see several miracles this week which was great! I am so grateful to be here in this ward. I love serving the people here!
We weren't able to meet with Teresa this week, because she had some other things that she was doing. We will hopefully be able to meet with here this week.

To start off the week, I had an exchange with an Elder in an area that is doing really well. We had a great time, and I came away from that exchange with a lot of motivation to work harder in my area. I got a lot of good ideas from what we did in his area, and I was excited to put them in practice. When we got back, we began teaching a little more, and we found some great people who we are going to start teaching now. On Thursday morning, my companion wanted to study faith, and how to use it in missionary work, so I gave him a talk called Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. When we came together in companionship study we both had the desire to put our faith to the test and to set a good goal for baptisms. I was a little skeptical about the goal that my companion wanted to set, but while we were discussing it, we got a phone call from a less-active member that wanted to come back to church, and that wanted us to start teaching her husband. This was a confirmation to me that we could accomplish the goal.

On Friday of this week we went by the Moreno family. We have taught them a couple of times, and they had been doing OK. The parents of this family aren't married, and they have two daughters. The father is a member that has been in-active almost his whole life, and his wife has been investigating the church for 10 years now. She seems to have been ready for baptism since we met them, but the Dad didn't want to get married. On Friday we taught a great lesson about the Restoration and we watched the Restoration video with them. The spirit was very strong, and we were able to testify about how we knew this was true and how it could help them. We asked them if they were willing to start making the steps necessary to receive these blessings, and the Dad said that he was. We were so excited for them! They are now planning a day for the wedding, and we are going to help them be ready for it! I can't wait for what is ahead of them! They also came to church on Sunday!

The first time we went over to visit with the Moreno family, the Dad seemed like he wasn't interested at all. He was always quiet and he seemed a little angry that we were talking to him. He was also wearing an earring that looked very Childish. After the lesson on Friday he was so happy and excited to start coming back to church, and he stopped wearing the earring. It was great to see the changes that were apparent on the outside as well on the inside.

I love being able to see the fruits of my labors as a missionary! Seeing the change that happens in someone's life is such a great blessing.  I love this Church, and I love representing it.
On Saturday we also had a ward party/missionary activity to celebrate independence day for Mexico and Guatemala. We played soccer in the church gym, and we ate Tortas which is a Mexican sandwich. We had a great turn out! Lots of people came, and the ward had a great time. I love activities like that where everyone can come together and just have fun in a very casual way. There was a time while we were playing where I was playing against 10 little kids all by myself. I wish I would have gotten a picture. It was like watching little kids play where they all clump around the ball, and then me right in the middle. Hispanic kids are the best!

I have some said news. I don't think I have anymore white shirts or garments, they have all gone yellow and brown. I think it might be time for some new ones. I don't know if y'all want to send them to me, or if I should just go buy them myself. I will need the garments sent though. The address you put on the package was the right address, so I will look for it in the next couple of days. Thank you for all you do for me! I am grateful for such a great Mom and family! I love y'all!

Have a great week y'all!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment