Monday, June 30, 2014

Another Good Week!!

Hi Mom!

We had another good week this week. It wasn't as successful as other weeks which we have had, but it was a very good week. We went by on Wednesday to see Sara and try to create a plan that she can use to stop smoking. She told us though that she had already stopped that day, and that she wasn't planning on smoking any more. It was a great lesson that we had with her. Since then, we have tried to go by every day to make sure that she is still doing well. We will probably give her a priesthood blessing the next time we go over to help her have the strength that she needs.

I did get the package that you sent me for my year mark. Thank you very much! The chocolate cake was really good, and I am so grateful to have such a great Mom, and family to give me things like that. It helps me out when I get a package from you. I have also already gone through all the Pringles, so thanks for those as well, and the shoelaces were definitely needed.

I have recovered quite well from the crash that I had. My wrist is still a little soar, but that is probably just because I haven't given it any rest. I have still been biking hard. My bike is still working well, so that was good. After I crashed, we didn't go get icecream, mostly because I just wasn't in the mood for it. I was feeling pretty bruised, and I needed to clean myself up.

We are still working hard, and I am really looking forward to this upcoming week. I am not sure what our plans are going to be for the fourth of July yet, but the day after, we are going to have a ward party to celebrate. I am excited for that. I am also going to meet my new mission president, and Saturday I might be going to a baptism for one of the investigators that I taught in Waxahachie. It should be a good week.

Thank you for all your love, support, and prayers. I love you so much, and I am grateful for my opportunity to serve.

Love, Kyle
Hi Dad!
 
We had a pretty good week this passed week. I love being able to help other people repent, and make the changes in their lives that they need to make. I love serving as a missionary!
 
Answers
Questions of the week:
1. How is your companion?
My companion adjusted much faster than I did. He is still trying to pick up the language, but he is working hard.
 
2. Are you getting along?
Yes. I have been working very hard on being patient, and I feel like I have improved a lot.
 
3. Did you do something for you hump day?
We ordered Domino's pizza to celebrate, and we went out and worked hard. I also made the cake that Mom sent me.
 
4. Have you been able to play some?
We played some basketball this morning. It was a lot of fun.
 
5. Are you ok after your fall (dog bite and now this, you will have some great stories and scars)
I am doing good. My wrist is still a little soar, but that is normal. My hand has scabbed up, so it should be healed soon.
 
6. How are your investigators doing?
Good. We are still working hard with them to help them progress. We have been trying to teach a lot, but we don't have anyone that is very close to baptism, except for Carlos, and Sara.
 
7. Is the Sister able to stop smoking?
Sara is doing very well. We went by on Wednesday to try to help her create a plan to stop, but she told us that she had already decided on stopping that same day. As far as we know she hasn't smoked since. We are going by everyday, to make sure that she is still doing well. I was happy to hear that she wasn't smoking anymore.
 
8. How is the work?
It is going well. We are working hard, and we should have at least baptism this upcoming transfer.
 
9. Have you met your new Mission President yet?
No, we will be having a meeting with him on Friday, and that will be the first time.
 
10. What spiritual experiences have you had that stregthend your testimony?
The other day, I was studying in the scriptures, and I am not sure what brought me to it, but I decided to go to Isaiah 53, when Isaiah is prophesying of Jesus Christ. I read through the first seven verses I believe, and in verse 7, Isaiah gives the analogy of Christ being like a lamb carried to the slaughter, and a sheep that is mute. I thought for a moment on what that meant, and how when Christ was being judged by Pontius Pilate, and King Herod, he kept silent. He didn't have to die at that moment, and he had the ability to save himself, but he remained silent. And like a lamb to the slaughter he went willingly to die for all of us. The spirit was so strong. I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ, and I hope that I can do all that I must do to live with him again someday.
 
11. Any other funny stories other than falling off your bike (did that once by the way)
This week, the police came by again for the third time since I have been here. We really aren't even making that much noise. The policeman told us that if he complained again, we may get evicted. We decided to go apologize to him, and as we did, he didn't even let us finish talking to him, before he shut the door. So, we went by the office, and they told us there is no problem. We are completely fine. So, we are not too worried.
 
I am enjoying this area! It is starting to get really hot out here, but it is very worth it. I love all that I have been able to do, and for the privilege that I have to represent Jesus Christ. I love Him! I love serving him so much!
 
I love you! Thank you for the great example that you have always been to me!
 
Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment