Monday, June 9, 2014

Short and Sweet!!

Hi Mom!

 I did get the toaster that you sent, and it works great! Thank you for sending it to me. I am grateful for such a great Mom! We had a good week this week. We found some great new investigators that are doing really well. We started teaching Sarah this week, who accepted a baptismal date for the end of the month. She is the Mom of a recent convert that was baptized earlier this year. The missionaries have taught her several times over the passed two years, and she always said that she wouldn't accept a baptismal date, because she was already baptized in another church, and she didn't need to be baptized again. During my studies on Tuesday, I studied for what we could share with her to help her see why baptism was necessary. By the end of the study, I had a list of scriptures to share. When we taught her that afternoon I shared a story in Acts where the Apostles talk to some people who hadn't yet received the Holy Ghost. The people in the story are baptized again and receive the Holy Ghost. After reading this one story, Sarah knew she needed to be baptized. She accepted a date for the end of the month, and we are so excited for her. It is great to know that I was able to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. He really loves his children, and he allowed me to share the scripture that helped Sarah commit. It was a great experience!

My companion is doing well, and his Spanish is improving. He still has a long way to go, but he is doing good. I have come to really love him, and I hope that I can be the trainer that he needs.

I am excited for Nate! He should have a great experience as a missionary. It is hard, but he can do it! He will love it!

I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve! My mission president has been a great example to me, and he is leaving in a few weeks. He wanted me to send you this message
Feel free to forward this to your parents if you'd like. We posted it on Facebook for all former Texas Dallas Missionaries:
Now that our departure date is less than four weeks away, it's probably time to discuss a couple of items. 1) We would love to see all of you. With that in mind, we plan to hold a reception July 5 from 1pm to 4pm at the Grandview Stake Center located at 1600 N 1830 W in Provo, Utah. We plan to mingle and say hello to everyone who can stop by for a few minutes.
2) At the reception at 2pm, Sister Durrant and I will give the same talks we plan to give at our homecoming sacrament meeting. We ask that you not come to the homecoming sacrament meeting because it would potentially make the sacrament time difficult because we have served with over 650 missionaries. With parents and friends added to that number, the group could be quite large. Also, we wouldn't have a good opportunity to greet each of you that day.
For those reasons, please plan to attend our reception and talks on Saturday, July 5. If you can't make it then, we also hope to have a reunion near the time of the October General Conference. We send our love. President and Sister Durrant

I am not sure if y'all wil be able to go, but if you would like to, you can. He is such a spiritual giant, and a physical one too. I love him! I hope you have a great week!

Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment