Monday, June 23, 2014

Cell Phones and Bikes Don't Mix!!

Hi Mom!
 
We had a very good week this week. It was very eventful in a good and bad way. Overall, I love being a missionary!
 
 
It all started on Wednesday. I said goodbye to my Mission President as we had our last training from him. It wasn't too hard to say goodbye, since I know that I will see him again when I go home. It was a great training though. I have really enjoyed my time serving with President Durrant. He has been such a great example of the leader that I want to be. I am sad to see him go. The night after this meeting, we had a lesson with Sara. Everything was going great with her, and then out of nowhere, we found out that she has a problem with smoking. It came as a big surprise, but it is OK. I am grateful that I get to help her through this temptation, and hopefully she will be ready for baptism soon.

Every Thursday we have our coordination meeting at the church. This is about a 4 mile bike ride from our apartment. On our way home from the meeting, we were riding really quickly to try and get home in time to get some ice cream from a store next to our apartment. We were making great time, and on the last stretch, I pulled out the phone to see the time. As I did, I fell off my bike and hit the ground hard. I scratched up my hand and elbow, as well as I sprained my wrist from the crash. I am feeling good now, but it hurt the day it happened. I tore up my suit pants, so it is a good thing I have two pairs. It was quite the experience.
 
 
 

 
When the weekend came around, I was feeling a little beaten up, but I didn't let that stop me at all. Because of the sacrifice I made, we had a great end to the week. We found some great people who I believe are going to progress. We also taught more lessons this week than we have the passed couple of weeks. Yesterday, to finish everything off, it rained all day long, and we again didn't let that stop us. We were so wet. During church my companion and I we shivering because we were still wet from the rain. It made for a long day, but it was a great week!

I actually received my end date the day I went into the MTC. I have a ministerial certificate which certifies that I have the right to be a missionary, and the expiration date was for the 10th of June, so I have always known. I still am having a hard time believing that I only have one year left. In some ways it feels like it has been a long year, but it also feels like I was at home only yesterday.

My companion is doing well. He is adjusting to missionary life, and the Spanish is slowly coming. Hopefully we will be able to help him pick it up faster.

Last week I sent an email to Josh asking if he was an assistant to the President yet just joking with him. He sent me a message the same day saying no not yet, but today he emailed me and said he got the call this Saturday to be an Assistant. I thought that was pretty funny. I wish I could be his companion!

I am glad y'all are staying busy. I am excited to hear that Nate loved the temple so much. He will be a great missionary! I hope that everything goes well with Emily and Allyce. I will be keeping them in my prayers, and I hope that they recover quickly.

Have a fantastic week! I love you, and I will keep up the hard work!

Love, Kyle



 

No comments:

Post a Comment