Monday, March 31, 2014

Slow Week in Sherman!

Hi Mom
 
Not a lot really happened this week. We found and taught. I am loving the mission so much! I haven't seen much success in the way of baptisms, but I have seen so much success in my personal growth. I love helping other people come to church and come closer to Jesus Christ. The mission is the best place in the world!
 
Igor is doing fantastic! He is now keeping all the commandments, and wanting to be baptized very badly. He made the comment to us the other day that his eyesight is starting to get bad, so he needs to be baptized to heal his eyes. We had a good laugh about that. Igor works on Sundays, but he has been coming the other ward in the morning. The only thing holding him back now is our mission president wants him to be able to go to our ward, so that he can have fellow shippers in his ward. He is doing great, and he should be baptized with in the next couple of weeks, if we can find him a new job. In May he also will be able to change his schedule and not work Sundays. We are just waiting and being patient for now. We will see what happens.

This passed week, we had a lesson with some of our investigators who are strong in the Church of Christ. This organization doesn't believe in modern day revelation, which is so sad to me. This makes teaching them about the Book of Mormon, and restored gospel really hard. They have so many objections. My companion and I went into that lesson very unprepared. And by the end of the lesson, we had not really said anything to help them. They dominated the conversation, and I had a first hand experience of not being able to speak, because I had took no thought beforehand on what to say. I walked out of that lesson doubting my testimony as we all do. When Sunday came around, the first counselor in the Bishopric gave his testimony on the power of a testimony. It was so simple and yet so profound! The doubts I had were gone, and I am again ready to take on the challenges that will come. This helped strengthen my testimony on the importance of church attendance. We learn exactly what we need to learn when attending church. This is the true Church, and I am so excited to hear from our living prophet who DOES receive revelation that we need to hear. Conference is the super bowl for missionaries, so we are getting ready.
 
Thank you for your love and support. I hope y'all have a great weekend together listening to the prophet. I love you!
 
Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment