Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Staying in Sherman!! (Pictures)

Hi Mom
 
A boat load of pictures on its way! 
 
I am staying in Sherman! Elder Lynn is still my companion. This week has been good, and we are continuing to help people progress in the gospel. We are getting close with Aaron G, and Igor M. They should have baptisms coming up soon.
 
As far as the family goes, I hope things get better for both Naylors. I will be praying for them. And I am excited for some great blessings that will be coming because of Brooklynn. Let her know that I am very thankful for her and I am glad she is my sister. I also wish I could have been there for Nate's plaly.
 
Not a whole lot has happened this week. Last monday we went to the Oklahoma border and we took some pictures. We won Mckinney Madness, and our prize is a trip to Top Golf to hit some balls. I am very excited! It has been a long time since I have picked up a golf club. Then came the crazy weekend. On Saturday, we were planning on helping out with a fundraiser. We were picking up old computers, TVs, and pretty much anythings that was going to be thrown away, and the organization sells it for money. We were working from 10 to 2. It was a little chilly to start out with, and when we were done a little after 2 it was 75 degrees. We were very hot. And I was sun burned. First one of the year! We also made the newspaper, so I will send you the links. After that hot day. We had a thunder ice storm the next day, and church was cancelled for the third time this year. The high for the day was 28 or so, and we were again stuck in side for two days. That is why I am now emailing instead of Monday. The weather in Dallas is crazy.
 
Things are going good still. I love you and hope you have a great week!
 
Elder Stewart
 
Hi Dad!
 
I am sorry that I haven't written you either. Things have been going great, with the trials that missionary work includes of course. We haven't been able to meet with Aaron C, mostly because he is really busy, so hopefully we will get a chance to go by his house and talk to him again. I would really hate for us to have to drop him. That would be so hard for me to do. I still have a good feeling about it though. We also had an ice storm come in again the passed couple of days which will be the third one we have had. Besides all that, we are doing good. We have lots of people to teach on the English side of things. Now we need to get some more Spanish investigators.
 
Questions:
1.  Are you staying in Sherman???
YES!!! I will be here for at least one more transfer, and I am so happy!
 
2. Are the investigators holding strong in their commitments?   
Igor M is doing great, and he should be baptized in the next couple of weeks, if we can find him and new job. Aaron G is also doing very well, and he should be baptized in the next couple of days. Now we just have to see if Aaron C will continue to progress. Unfortunately Church was cancelled this week, so we haven't seen him in more than a week.
 
3. Are you getting to do things on your p-days (mom got pictures at a church- do you get to play ball)
We do get to play basketball every once and a while when the priests in the ward don't have school.
 
4. Are you teaching Nicky the lessons now too?
Not regularly, we are having a hard time scheduling lessons with him.
 
5. How is being a District leader?
I love it. My first transfer, I don't feel like I really magnified my calling, but I have set out to do a lot better this transfer. We also has Elder Stanley G Ellis come a week ago or so, and he really motivated me to do more as a leader in the mission.
 
6. Are the members supportive when you bring someone new to church?
Some are. Others are not comfortable with stepping outside of their comfort zone.
 
7. Have you had to deal with people trying to challenge you or bash with you?
Yes. It really only happens at door approaches, because if they are bashing us there, we don't want to go in their house. There are some people that get really angry when you talk about religion.
 
8. Tell us about some of your members and how they are being missionaries.
We really haven't received and referrals from the ward except for the youth. The youth are the best missionaries we have here. They invite everyone, and talk about their church all the time at school and with their friends.
 
9. Did you win the madness challenge.
Yes! Our prize is going to be a trip to Top Golf with the zone leaders.
 
What are some of the activities that the youth are going to do for their missionary month, and how strict are they going to be on living the mission rules?
 
Here is my thought of the week?
 
 27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of hisasalvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath bgiven it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to crepentance.
33. ...and he ainviteth them ballto ccome unto him and partake of his goodness; and he ddeniethnone that come unto him, black and white, ebond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the fheathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.
 
I was studying this this morning in 2 Nephi 27 and 33. I learned, and noticed how much God really does want all of his children to repent and come unto Christ. All men are alike unto God. Before my mission, I was very judgmental of the people that were smoking, doing drugs, or acting in a way they shouldn't. Heavenly Father helped me change that fast, because those are the people we teach. We have been called to go out to the sinners (just like ourselves) and help them come with us unto Christ to use his Atonement. The Atonement of Christ is for everyone. We are commanded to persuade men to repent. I have come to look as all people as equal, and everyone deserves the Atonement of Christ.
 
I love you Dad! Keep me updated on the Mission calls when they come in.
 
Elder Stewart
 









This picture is from a local paper, the Herald Democrat. That is Kyle's companion and Kyle is leaning down to pick stuff up.
 
Texoma Community Center holds annual recycling fundraiser NATE STRAUCH/HERALD DEMOCRAT Volunteer Elder Lynn places a box of used electronics on the loading gate of a freight truck Saturday during the Texoma Community Center’s annual recycling fundraiser, which raised more then $9,000 last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment