Monday, March 10, 2014

Baptism Updates!!

Mom,
 
Sorry I guess I forgot to update y'all and tell you that we moved the baptismal dates back to the 22nd of March. Aaron G will be baptized either that date or the week after, so we will see what happens there. Igor on the other hand probably won't be baptized that day so we will try to get him ready for the first week of April. Aaron C texted us this morning, and said that he doesn't think he wants to do the whole church thing. He just doesn't agree with the Word of Wisdom. We are going to keep trying, but it is not looking to good. This is by far the hardest part about missionary work. I don't like the agency of other people, but I understand why it is necessary. I will keep you updated.
 
We don't ever make it up to Oklahoma. I have been up there twice, once to visit some less-active Spanish members, and once for an exchange, but besides that we don't really have the time or the miles to be driving up there. We did go up last preparation day to take some pictures and see the Lake. We are trying to have some fun here in Sherman, but there really isn't anything to do. I wouldn't really want to live here ever, but the members are great! I love them.
 
I don't really have much to write about this week, because it hasn't been very long since I emailed you last week. I have learned though how dumb Anti-Mormon literature is. We do have some investigators that gave us a paper that they printed out with really nit picky stuff. It makes my companion and I mad, and it does drive away the spirit. Besides that this week was just the same old same old. I am still loving the mission.
 
Have a good week!
Kyle
 
Hi Dad,
This week was the same as always. We had some good lessons, but nothing out of the ordinary. We are in the beginning stages with a lot of our investigators, so we will see what happens. Something exciting for today though was we went to hit some balls at Top Golf for winning McKinney madness. It was fun, but I am very rusty.
 
Answers:
1. Did the baptism go through this week?
No, but one will be coming up soon.
 
2. Are you happy that you are still with your same companion?
Yes, we have gotten along great.
 
3. How are the other investigators coming?
Like I said we are in the beginning stages with most of them. We still haven't made contact with Aaron C, but we are going to keep trying.
 
4. How did the visit with the General Authority go?
I loved it. I learned a lot on how I could improve, and I am trying to apply it as a missionary and District Leader.
 
5. Are you still speaking Spanish everyday and keeping up with the language?
I am keeping up with the language for sure, but we don't speak it as much as I would like.
 
Spiritual thought: I am not sure why but the theme for the passed couple of weeks for me has been the passage that Christ gave us which says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me... for my yoke is easy and my burden is light, and I will give you rest." When we need help through are trials all we have to do is ask for it, and live in a way that Christ will help us. The better we are living the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more help we will receive. Christ will always come to succor His people.
 
I am doing great, and I hope you have a great, stress free week!
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment