Monday, March 2, 2015

100 Days left!!

Hello Mom,
 
This week has been really slow. We have had to stay inside some days, and when we have left, most of the time we haven't been able to drive, just walk. So it was a pretty slow week. We will probably have one more storm coming up soon, but after that, I think spring will come. The weather here in Texas at the end of February, beginning of March is very crazy. It jumps from 70 to 20 and back to 60 all in a couple of days, but we should be done with all of the cold at the end of this week. My companion has been with lots of other missionaries, and I have been back to teach that part member family. I really enjoy working with the whole zone, and it isn't too much stress, but it does add a little.

I honestly don't have much to say about this passed week except for that Carlos Martinez will be getting baptized this Saturday! I am very excited for him, and he is even talking about going on a mission. That would be an awesome experience for him, and I really hope he goes. He is so prepared!


This week, we have been working really hard with the ward to help become one with them, and to get them more involved in missionary work. We met with the Bishop, and the High Priest group leader of the English ward, and this next week we are going to be helping them out with home teaching, and Family History. I have never been so excited about missionary work. Working with the ward and the members makes missionary work so much more fun. These wards are really starting to become more missionary minded also.

Today is officially my 100 day left mark, and it has caused me to reflect a little on my mission. I am sure you are probably tired of hearing the same email from me every week, so I would like to change things up a little, and share my testimony on missionary work and my mission. I love my mission. I haven't always loved this work, but as of the last few months, I have really started to enjoy and make the most of my mission. It has been hard, the hardest thing I have ever done, but because of that it has also been the most rewarding thing I have ever done. People ask me a lot what my favorite thing is about the mission, and honestly my favorite thing changes from time to time, but for right now it is a tie between watching the gospel change the lives of my investigators, and watching myself become more and more converted to the gospel. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real, and it allows all of us to change from bad to good, and from good to better. I have seen people give up addictions and other bad habits, and I have also seen them become nicer, happier, more charitable people. It is amazing to know that Jesus Christ suffered for us to help us in EVERY aspect of our lives. I love Him so much! My mission has also changed me. The trials that I have gone through and the people that I have taught have helped my faith to grow and have increased my desire to be obedient and follow every commandment that Christ gives us. I know he lives, and he lives to help all of us to become more like him, because that is the whole reason why we are here on this earth is to become more like Him. That is where true happiness comes from. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father who love us so much that they created the plan of happiness for us. I invite everyone to come closer to them, and to think of how we can all live better in our lives.

I love y'all, and I appreciate all you have done to help first to encourage me on serving a mission, and second to support me as I have served. I love you Mom so much! Have a great week!
 
Love, Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment