Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Busy Week!!

Hi Mom,
 
Our week here in Texas was really busy, and it flew by so fast. On Monday we had our preparation day and we played basketball again with the zone. It was a lot of fun. On Tuesday we started helping people with Family History, and I am starting to feel the spirit of Elijah really strongly in my life. We taught it to some of the High Priests in the ward, and then this past Sunday the High Priest's wives were going around telling everyone about how they need to have the missionaries teach them about family history.
 
Tuesday night I went and slept at the assistant's apartment for the ward leadership council that we were going to have the next day. Leadership council was amazing! I loved it so much! We felt the spirit so strong in that meeting, and it was so great to learn from all the other great missionaries in the mission. I was talking to some other missionaries, and we were all joking about how after that meeting we all feel like such terrible missionaries and that there is so much that we can improve on. During this specific council, we discussed how we can be more Mighty, bold, and powerful in our missionary efforts. The things we discussed were so motivating to me in my missionary work. I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of that meeting. Sister Taylor makes really good food too.
 
After the meeting we went back to our area, and that is when it started to snow/ice, so we went back to the apartment and we called it a night. My zone leader companion was stuck with us at the time, so he had to stay the night, and the next morning we were able to plan our zone meeting for the next day. If y'all remember this time last year I talked about doing what is called McKinney Madness. Well we have decided to start our own Mighty March Madness for the Dallas East zone. It started yesterday and it will go until Easter. We are really excited about it, and people are already working harder because of it, so it is going well.
 
The zone meeting on Friday was so good. We had a zone council and we were able to talk about some great things on how to be mightier contacters and missionaries. We also went on line to relative finder where we have a group for the mission, so we were able to find out how closely we are related to everyone else in the mission. It was fun.
 
Saturday night we had the baptism of Carlos Martinez. He has progressed so much and it was great to see him get baptized. I love watching him and seeing him change. He told us he used to not be the best person, but now he is doing great! We were very excited to see him and watch him grow/change. I hope that everything continues going great for him. He is already talking about serving a mission, so he could leave in about a year. That would be great for him, and I hope he does it.
 
Yesterday and Sunday night we did another exchange and our preparation day was moved to today. That is why I am emailing y'all today instead of yesterday. It was a weird time for an exchange, but it was the only time it could be done. This week went by so fast, and this next week is going to go by so much faster. On Thursday we are have a zone conference with Elder Foster of the seventy and then on Sunday the three wards that meet here in Mesquite will be having a fireside now called a devotional with President and Sister Taylor along with the Stake President. It will be exciting!
 
I like the trip plans that you have made. It will be fun for y'all to see what we did, and I want to explore Dallas a little bit. Plus I will really like going to church somewhere to see all the members again. I am excited. But at the same time I don't want my mission to end. I do, but I don't at the same time, and I am sure Dad knows exactly how I feel. I am going to miss so much about the mission when I go home. It is going to be quite the adjustment.
 
I love you Mom! Have a great week and good luck with your events.
Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment