Monday, March 16, 2015

Another transfer has come to an end!

Hi Mom,
 
We had another really good week with lots of great stuff that happened. The transfer has come to an end, and I believe that my companion and I will be together for one more. We work really well together. We really get along well. I am very excited to see what we can do with the ward, and how we can help everyone.
 
On Tuesday I bought myself a new suit to finish off my mission, and to wear when I get home. I almost made it to the end of my mission without having to buy a new one, but not quite. Now I will have a nice one for church and big meetings.
 
Thursday we had the zone conference with Elder Foster, and he talked to us about some amazing things. I love listening to general authorities, because their knowledge of the gospel is incredible! It was a great meeting! After the meeting my companion got sick, so I was able to relax for the first time in who knows how long.
 
Carlos Martinez had his birthday on Friday, so we took him out to get baleadas which are food from honduras. They were pretty good. It was a lot of fun to be with Carlos for a little while on his birthday.
 
We had a great day Saturday! It all started with us going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with Carlos and some other recent converts and members that hadn't ever done it before. It was a great success! All of the people that went really enjoyed it! Then we went out to work in the Pleasant Grove area later that day, and we found some amazing families. My companion while he was on exchanges contacted a young man who said he would be interested in some family history. We went back by Saturday and he was asleep, but his parents answered the door. We told them about how their son was interested in family history, and they said that they would be too. They started telling us about their family, and they became really excited about the fact that we were going to help them find that information. They then went on to tell us about how they had the missionaries teaching them 40 years ago. The husband, Gerardo, had read through many parts of the Book of Mormon, and he said that he really enjoyed it. He then told us about how he always really respected the missionaries, and members of our church. They always seemed different to him than the Catholics and Jehovah's Witnesses. It was great to be able to talk to them, and they were so excited about family history. They came to church yesterday, and we have another appointment with them on Friday.
 
Yesterday at 7:00 pm we had a fireside with the three wards that meet in the building. President and Sister Taylor came as well as the Stake President, President Larsen. The meeting was fantastic! The spirit was really strong, and the members that went to the meeting came away ready to do missionary work. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of people there, but it was still a great meeting. I conducted for the first time of my life, and it took me a little while to warm up to it, but by the end it felt natural. Also, the missionaries sang a song in the middle. We sang Be Still My Soul, and we sounded really good! There were 6 Elders in total, and we really were able to bring the spirit into the meeting. After we sang, and after I introduced President and Sister Taylor, President Taylor leaned over to me and said you will make a great Bishop some day. I didn't know whether to be happy or scared about that, but it made me feel really good. President Taylor is so good at giving compliments to other people. I hope I can be like that some day. All of the speakers did a great job, and overall I think that everyone that was there really enjoyed the meeting.
 
I am really excited for this next transfer. I hope that I can better serve the zone. I love missionary work, and the time is going by so fast. It is funny. It is really hard for Elder Giles and I not to talk about home, but every time we do, we hate it. So, hopefully we can focus more on the work.
 
Thank you for all your love and support. I love y'all!
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment