Monday, March 23, 2015

Life is great, the area is great!

Hello Mom,
 
The work in the area has really started picking up. We found a lot of new investigators, and we started working with a lot of less-active families this week. Yesterday at church we had a new investigator come to church for the first time, and we had 6 less-actives come back, so it was a great week as far as that goes. A part from that, there really isn't a whole lot to write about. I feel like after writing these emails over and over again for about two years now that I am writing the same things. Life is great, the area is great! And the ward is great! Elder Giles does go home the same time as me.

Missionary work is really fun in this area. We try really hard to do lots of different things which keeps missionary work fun. This week we went to a part-member family that we are teaching, and we helped them paint one of their bedrooms. It was so much fun, because there are some senior missionaries in the area, the Nielsen's, who were also helping us out. They are like our Grandparents in the mission field. I love being around them. I also loved seeing how grateful the family was for our service. In this area, we have also been trying to teach a lot of the members about family history. Speaking of family history. I was playing around on my tree the other day, and I was able to find my was all the way back to ADAM!!! It was so exciting. Unfortunately some of the information was wrong, but I was still so excited that I was able to find my way back. I felt the Spirit of Elijah for sure.

Some of the other things that we are doing to try to help the ward and area in every aspect of missionary work are: Service, Home Teaching help, YSA list hunting, Part member family hunting, visiting Less-actives that the ward tells us we should visit, knocking doors (of course), visiting referrals, member visits, family history help, and we try to bring members with us everywhere. At the beginning of my mission that list was: knock doors. So it is easy to see how much more I have been enjoying the work. We still knock doors, because missionary work wouldn't ever be the same without it, but we do a lot of other stuff to keep things interesting. I love this work, and I really wish I would have done this more at the beginning of my mission.

I am glad that Haley is getting excited to go to Utah State. Has she registered yet? And where is she going to be living? I can't wait to hear Chase on the drums also. That is going to be so great! And you sound like you are getting really busy working a couple nights a week. That is so exciting! My Mom works now. That is kind of weird to think about sometimes. I finished the ecclesiastical endorsement stuff, and I already had my interview, so it should be sent soon. I pick up my suit tomorrow, and I will definitely send pictures. I am a little jealous that Todd gets to extend. My mission President doesn't really allow anyone to extend.

I love y'all! Have a fantastic week! It is almost Conference Time!!

Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment