Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Another Ice Storm!! Finally some pictures!

Hi Mom,
 
This week was really good! I loved it! We started the week off playing basketball on  Preparation day with lots of the Elders in our zone. It is a lot of fun playing with all of them! That night, my zone leader companion and I prepared to go on an exchange with the Elders in Lakewood (they cover Down-Town Dallas) so I worked in my zone leader companion's area, and that night we went to Lakewood for an exchange. This exchange was what the mission is calling a district building. The assistants, and a few other missionaries along with the zone leaders go to a district and we help build them up.

On Tuesday morning we had a district meeting with that district, and I trained on the obstacles keeping us from being one with the members, and how we could work towards resolving them. The meeting went really well, and we ate some good waffles to start it all off. Then we went on the exchange and I spent the whole day with the Lakewood YSA elders, and it was fun to be with them. Their area is struggling a bit, but they are working on it. I then slept at their apartment again Tuesday night for another district meeting Wednesday before we all went back to our own areas.

Then on Thursday night I went on another exchange with some other Elders here in Mesquite, and we learned a lot from each other which was great! On Friday night, I had the privilege of going back to the Rowlett ward where Maria Leos was getting baptized. It was so much fun to see her be baptized, but also to talk to all the members there in the Rowlett ward. I was reminded of how much I loved the members there in that ward, and I hope I can go back there again at least once before going home. I loved serving there in Rowlett!

Sunday is when the rain started coming down. It rained pretty much all day Sunday, and it started to get cold that night. When we woke up Monday morning, we were iced in again. We spent most of the day playing UNO and Phase 10. We then decided to venture out into the cold to go eat at Wing stop about a mile away, so that took us about three hours or so. Honestly it was a really relaxing day. I really enjoyed it! Then that night we went out to knock doors. We only knocked on three doors, and the third one let us in, and we were able to teach a lesson and find a new investigator. We were blessed for working in the ice.

This week we also found a great new Part-member family named the Rubios. The Dad is a member, and he was just married to his wife Jessica in December. They wanted to talk to missionaries, but the missionaries were never informed, so we went over and taught them about the gospel, and they are interested in returning to church. Hopefully we can help them return!

I love y'all, and I hope that you are doing alright. I am doing great, and I am loving the mission! I hope that y'all enjoy your week, and I will be praying for you.

Love, Kyle

Hi Dad,
 
The mission is going by so fast now, and I really don't want it to. We are staying super busy working with the zone and helping all the other missionaries while still working hard in our own areas. I have never been so busy while on my mission, and I am loving it. This passed week I went on two exchanges in the zone, so I only spent about half the week in my own area.

Answers:

1. Do you like your new area? ( we are so grateful to Sister Klien for giving us some info. on you)
I do like it a lot, because there is so much work to be done here. The work is slow right now, but we are working hard with the ward, and we are visiting lots of less-actives/part-member families. There are so many people, and so little time it seems like.
 
2. How is it being a Zone leader?  (is it hard with the other zone leader not being your companion)
I am really enjoying it. I love teaching and inspiring missionaries! I don't think I am doing the best job I can yet, but I am getting there. I am also excited to meet with President Taylor.
 
Yes it is hard, because we don't have very many miles, and he is on a bike, so we have to use the members a lot whenever we have to do something together. And we have to communicate everything over the phone which isn't fun.
 
3. Is the work going well there?
Like I was saying, it is a little slow right now, but there is so much for us to do that we are always busy. We just need to find progressing investigators.
 
4. How is the new companion? 
He is good. We get along well, and I don't have to worry about teaching him Spanish or anything like that, so that is nice.
 
5. Do you have meetings with the mission president every month?
Yes, and I will have my first one March 4
 
6. What is the new area like, and what do you do on P-days?
The area is kind of like Pleasant Grove. Not run down, but not the newest city either. Our zone covers down-town Dallas, so one of these days, we will have to go there on a preparation day. There are a good handful of Hispanics also which is always good!
 
7.  How is the zone are they working hard and being obedient.
There is improvement that can be made, but I think that for the most part everyone is working hard. There are only a couple of areas that are struggling with work right now, but the areas are tough. Any tips on giving correction by the way? I find it very hard.
 
8. Any baptism coming up.
Yes, Carlos Martinez on the 7th of March. He is so ready, and he will make a great member!
 
9. Tell us how you spend your time now that you have more responsibility

I try to go on two exchanges a week, and I really like going to the area of the other missionary, that means I spend a lot of time away from my apartment. Last week I spent two nights on the couch instead of on a bed, luckily the couch was somewhat comfortable. We have zone meetings the first week of every month, and Stake President's report every 3rd Sunday. We also meet with President Taylor once a month, so I am always staying busy, but it is a lot of fun.

I had the opportunity on Friday to go to a baptism back in Rowlett, and I was reminded of how much I really did love the members in that ward. They were so great! The baptism was for Maria Leos who I was teaching for a long time before I left. She is now a member. It was such a fun time to be there and to see her, as well as all the members that I had grown to love. I loved Rowlett!

Thank you very much for your love and support Dad! I love you and I am so grateful for your example. Thank you for the package also. I love you!

Kyle
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment