Monday, August 4, 2014

Working Hard!!

Hi Mom,
I am excited to hear Chase on the drums! I love hearing someone that can play the drums really well. Is there a rule that y'all have set for how long he is allowed to play for? And Haley finally rode in a Camaro? I hope she enjoyed it.
 
The work here is very up and down. To start off the week, a lot of our investigators that we had found dropped us. They aren't ready. We did find a lot of new investigators again this week, so we will see how many of them will want to continue investigating the church. There are always people to find here, but we need to find the prepared. We are really trying to work with the members to find their friends as well, and yesterday one of the members in are area invited his friends to come to church and they came. They were a great family, and we are looking forward to teaching them.
 
Yesterday we found a member of the church that was baptized 30 years ago. He was a High Priest at the time, and he was serving on the high council. He was very active for 10 years, but than he went in-active when he came to the United States. He began doing things that aren't in accordance with the standards of the church, and because of that he fell away. He fell away hard. He was very interested when we went over to his house yesterday to teach his family, but I sense that he is very nervous of the road that lies ahead of him if he wants to come back to church. This was a very scary story that I heard from him. It really showed me that it doesn't matter how righteous you are or what calling you have, you can always fall away from the church and enter into temptation if you stop doing the simple things like praying, reading the scriptures, and going to church. His story has motivated me to do all I can to not enter into temptation. I am grateful for such great parents that have taught me this from a young age. Thank you Mom!
 
Recently we have been finding some good less-active members that are interested in having us share our message with them. We are always busy as missionaries, even if we aren't teaching all the time. I am grateful for my mission and for the things I have been learning. I have learned and grown so much, and not just in the gospel. A mission is so great for helping us communicate better, learn from all the people we talk to, learning to work hard, and so much more. I love the mission!
 
Good luck with your big assignment to finish of the semester. I hope you are able to find time for everything! I love you so much! I am doing great out here. If possible could you send me a new oil vile? Mine broke. I also think that I may need a new suit. I don't need it soon, but we can start thinking about it. I am going to see if I can repair the black suit I have, but it may be a little to small. Also, can you send me the email of Nate. I would love to start writing him. He will be a great missionary! I hope y'all have a great week!
 
Love, Kyle
 




No comments:

Post a Comment