Monday, August 18, 2014

Transfers!! Leaving Grand Prairie for Rowlett!

Hi Mom,

I am being transferred. I am very sad to be leaving the people here in Grand Prairie. I have loved being able to serve them and work around them. This area has a lot of work going on, and I am glad that I was able to be the Lord's instrument in finding all of these prepared people. I am excited for what is next, and I am so grateful for all that I have learned here in Grand Prairie. I am also so grateful that I could help Sara be baptized.

This passed week we were able to help so many of the families that we had found. They are progressing really well, which makes it hard to leave. I think that this area will be having some baptisms in the near future, so I might be coming back soon. I have really loved serving here in Grand Prairie.

On Saturday, we went to the temple with some of the investigators and recent converts that we have been working with. They were able to feel of the spirit that comes from attending the temple, and we hope that they would be able to enter the temple on their own in the future. I am glad that you were able to see that video that one of our members took. I had no idea that she would be posting it on facebook. I loved being able to sing again. It was so great to be able to do that all the time when I was in school, so I was happy to be singing again! The temple trip over all was a great success, and Sara really wants to be able to enter. She will be able to do so very soon if she continues coming to church. I think that she is probably the best convert that I have helped on my mission so far. She was sharing her experience of her conversion, and she amazes me. She started by telling us about being in El Salvador, and how she was baptized into a Christian church there. It was a good experience she said, but she didn't really feel much. She then told us about when she was trying to stop smoking. There were several times when she walked out of her house to go by cigars, but came right back inside knowing that God would help her stop. Then one of her friends came by who usually gives her cigars, and she told him thanks for coming, but I have decided to stop. At this point of the story I was thinking Wow! She had such great faith, and such a desire to keep the commandments of God. She then continued to tell us about the great experience that she had with her baptism. Before she was baptized she felt so sad, and she didn't know why. However when she came out of the water she felt so clean and happy. And when she received the Holy Ghost, she was so content and happy. I am so grateful that I have been able to help her, and she has strengthened my testimony so much about how true this gospel is.

I know this church is true, and with every testimony I give, I am able to continue to strengthen the knowledge that I have. I know that Christ lives, and that I am participating in His work. I love serving the Lord, and helping His children come unto Him.

I love you Mom, and I will send the address of my new apartment next week. Thank you for all that you are doing for me. I hope that school goes well for everyone, and that y'all are able to adjust quickly. I miss you!

Love, Kyle 
 
Hi Favorite Dad!

We had a great last week to finish off the transfer! We taught some really good lessons, and we were able to help some people progress very well. I am very excited for all of these families we have found, but unfortunately I am being transferred. I am going to Rowlett, Texas, and I will send you the address next week. I really began to enjoy this area over the passed couple of weeks, because we had found some really good families to start working with. I learned a lot, and I am excited to be able to work in Rowlett.

This last week we went to the temple on Saturday with some of the people that we were working with. We toured around the temple, with our recent convert Sara. We started off by watching a video about families being together forever inside one of the visitors' rooms of the temple, then we walked around the temple and talked about what we do inside. After we stood on the steps and sang a song in Spanish which sounded really good. It was fun to be able to sing again. I miss not being able to do that as much. To end the tour we went back into the temple, and we had a testimony meeting. It was a great activity, and Sara is very excited to be able to enter.

My new companion is going to be Elder Peck. He came out on his mission about the same time that I did, and that is all that I really know about him. My new area though will be a car area, so my many days of biking (it really wasn't very many) are now over. We will have to see if I am put back on a bike or not before the end of my mission.

Elder McBride is now taking over the area. He has improved quite a bit in the two months we were together. I have realized how imperfect I am. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing in having allowed me to work with Elder McBride. I have become much more patient. I still have a long ways to come, but I learned a lot these last two transfers, and I am sad to be leaving. Elder McBride's new companion is going to be Elder Lynn who was my companion back in Sherman.

I am excited for the chance that I have to work with a new ward. There are a lot of things that I have learned from the ward that I am in that I want to implement in Rowlett. I love working with ward members, and I am going to continue to do that. I love serving a mission. It is hard, and it is very tiring, but I love it! Thank for your blessing to me, and even though you are not here with me, I can still feel your love. In the MTC, one of the guest speakers gave everyone in the MTC audience a blessing once without putting his hands on our heads, and the same thing happened right before we left with someone from our branch presidency in the MTC. I love you Dad, and I am grateful that I have been able to learn from your example. I hope I may continue to become like you!

Love, Kyle

P.S. Keep me updated on BYU. Only 2 weeks left right?

No comments:

Post a Comment