Monday, July 28, 2014

A Bunch of New Investigators!

Hi Mom!
 
We found a bunch of new investigators this week. They were all pretty solid investigators, and we are looking forward to helping them progress. First we found the Macias family. This was a family that Elder Wells had been teaching while he was here. Before he left he suggested that we go visit them. After a long time of trying to schedule appointments, we were finally able to get in with them to teach a lesson. They are a great family! The obstacle that we have seen with them is getting them to church, but that is the problem with everyone. They are very interested in learning more!
 
We also found Andrew and Elizabeth. They have both recently been trying to change their lives around, and I know that the gospel can do it for them. It seems to me that the timing is perfect for them, they just need to act and commit themselves. I am very excited for this family as well.
 
Our biggest goal for this week is that we want to get as many of our investigators to church as we can. Hopefully the Lord will provide. I know he will.
 
In this area we are serving at another food charity. We do a lot of cleaning containers, organizing, and moving materials around. Also, this week has been the hottest week yet. We hit the 100s I think once, maybe more, and it wasn't too fun. I don't like the bike as much when I have to ride it in the hot sun. That is ok though, the mission is still great.
 
I'm glad that everything is going well with y'all. I am glad that I have such a great family who loves and supports me. Thanks for your example of how to be diligent in the things you do. I hope that I can be as diligent as you are. I love you! I hope y'all have a great week.
 
Love, Kyle
 
 just about melted here. To tell you the truth though, we have only hit the 100s one time so far. I thought it was going to be a lot worse, but it really isn't that bad. The humidity was hard when I first got here a year ago, but I have adjusted to that. I am really starting to like the city of Dallas. I haven't been able to go to the actual downtown area, but I will before I go home.
 
Questions of the week:
1. Are you happy?
I am happy. I love serving the Lord! I have even come to really enjoy knocking doors if that is even possible.
 
2. Do you feel like you are succeeding in your mission? 
Yes! The way that I measure success in the mission is how converted I am when I go home. I feel as though my mission has changed me, and is continuing to change me.
 
3. How was the confirmation Sunday?  ( I have no doubt that it was great)
It went really well. It was my first one ever, and it was in Spanish, so I was nervous, but I didn't mess up. Sara was so happy to receive that gift.
 
4. How is the work going?
We have no problem finding new investigators and teaching them. We are focusing now on getting as many investigators as we can at church. It is going well.
 
6. What are your P-days like?
We play basketball or volleyball early in the morning, then we come back study and do laundry. Afterwards we go eat somewhere with the other Elders here in Grand Prairie. Then we email, and what ever time we have left we relax.
 
7. Do you get along with your district and zone?
I get along with the District great! And the zone is good too, we just are never really around them much.
 
8. What is your biggest challenge?
Satan
 
9. What stories do you have for us?
The story or miracle that we have seen recently taught me how I really have no idea who is going to accept the message or not. We were knocking a street and we knocked on a door where a man came out who was holding a beer in his hand. Usually when someone like that comes out, I am not really sure if they are all there or not, but I know I need to contact everyone, so I contacted him anyways. He didn't actually live at the house where we contacted him, but he wanted us to come by his house on the other side of our area. I was very skeptical, and when the appointment came, I wondered if we should really bike all the way across our area. We decided to go anyway, and the lesson went great. Him and his girlfriend were looking to turn their lives around, and I believe that we are going to be able to help them do it. I am excited for them! Heavenly Father really is preparing people to hear his message!
 
10. Have you converted your downstairs neighbor yet?  ( the cop caller)
No. We tried to apologize to him, but he wouldn't even let us tell him everything we wanted to say before shutting the door.
 
11. What have you learned most on your mission?
That is a tough one. I have learned so much on my mission. For example I learned to roll my Rs, I learned how to whistle, and I learned how to juggle. I have come to love my Savior so much. Really what I have learned on my mission is how important it is to serve him at all time. That is how we get happiness. When we follow Christ we are happy. It doesn't matter if we have what we want or if we are happy in life, we have to serve Him. He never gave up when he was on the earth and he gave us everything, so why can't we give him something in return? I know he lives, and that we will be happy as we serve Him.
 
We are working very hard! I don't know if I like the bike as much in the 100 degree weather. It isn't as fun as when I first started. That doesn't matter though. I just love serving the Lord and working hard. The mission is not what I expected it to be, but I am growing so much, and looking back on this experience will be such a blessing.
 
I love you Dad! Thank you for your great example. I hope you are able to accomplish everything you have to do. Thank you for your love and support! Only one month to BYU football. I am getting a little excited too, and I am not going to watch any of it. BYU vs. Texas should be a fun one though since I am here in Texas. Keep me updated.
 
Con mucho amor, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment