Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Baptism!

Hi Mom,

The baptism yesterday was great! I honestly understood again the scripture in D&C 18 that says our joy will be great. The worth of souls is great in the sight of the Lord, and I was able to help one of them come unto to Christ through baptism. I was so happy yesterday as I was changing out of my baptism clothes right after the baptism. It is the moments like those that make all the hard times worth it. I love being a missionary, and a representative of Jesus Christ!

Sara has changed her life so much to allow herself to come unto Christ.

I was still so amazed the day we went over to her house to help her stop smoking, and she told us that she had already decided to stop. I definitely feel as if I was an instrument in the hands of the Lord, because I don't feel like I did much. All we had to do is follow the spirit, and teach with the spirit. Sara did the rest with the help of Jesus Christ. I have learned so much from her example of faith and love for God. She really wants to serve God, and do all that he has asked us to do.

I also found out that Sara was first taught by Hermana Spencer who is from Pleasant Grove. That is the girl that Haley has worked with at Taco Amigo. I thought that was interesting.

The rest of this week was fairly normal. We are really trying to work hard with the members in finding people to teach. The members do a great job in helping us teach and in friending our investigators, now we want them to try and do the work themselves. This is the first time that I have really reached out to the members in this way, but I think it will go well. The theme that our mission president has given us is We are as one. We are one as a mission, with the members, and as the Church. I am excited to see what will come of this.

I am excited for another transfer with Elder McBride. It will give me more time to work on being patient. I am really doing better though. Hopefully we will be really good friends by the end of the transfer! That is my goal. As well as we need to work hard at improving his Spanish. He has gotten to the point where he can understand the topic of what is being said, and a few sentences here and there. We are going to keep working hard to help him get to where he needs to be.

Texas is so hot! It is like being steam cooked, especially when it is cloudy. We get a break from the heat this week though, because of a storm that is coming in.

I don't really have much else to say. With the baptism of Sara, we are going to have to start all over in finding people that are ready for the gospel in their lives. We really found the prepared in Sara.

Why did Daniel come home? Did he break something? Let him know that I love him! I am praying for Emily as well, so I hope that she will be doing well soon. I love you so much, and I am grateful for your support. I am doing great, and you definitely don't have to worry about me. Except for the fact that I might get sun burned really badly. I love you!

Love Kyle

I forgot the pictures, so I will send them next week.
 
Hi Dad,
 
The baptism yesterday was great. She asked me to baptize her, so I was able to participate in my first baptismal ordinance, and it was all in Spanish. I didn't mess up, so I was excited about that. Sara was so happy before, and even happier after the baptism, so it was a success! I am grateful that I had the opportunity to help her. She will be confirmed a member next Sunday, and she asked me to do that as well. I hope to have the gift of tongues for that.
 
That is exciting that Lynn got back. That must take the stress off of your shoulders a little now that he can take some of your work.
 
I love you! Thank you for your example to me!
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment