Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Late Night Visitor!

Hi Mom,
 
We got our transfer calls on Saturday, and I found out that I was going to be training! So this morning we had a training meeting with the mission President, and then I found out who my companion was. My companion is Elder Mcbride from Woodscross Utah. I am excited to be working with him this transfer. We should have some fun! I hope I can be a good trainer, and prepare him for the rest of his mission. It will be exciting!
 
We had another interesting experience last night. My old companion Elder Wells decided to wait for the last minute to pack his stuff, and he didn't start until 9:15 at night. He then decided that we needed pizza for our last night together. So he stayed up packing, and I stayed up with him, because I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I wanted to. At about 11:30 at night someone started banging on our back door. We had no idea who it would be, but I had a feeling it was going to be someone complaining. Elder Wells opened the door, and our neighbor from below us started yelling at us and cussing at us. He told us that we needed to stop stomping around the apartment, because he needed to sleep. We weren't stomping, we were only walking on a terribly built apartment floor. It squeaks almost everywhere we step. The man finally told us that he was going to call the cops. My companion replied, "Fine! Call them!" And then slammed the door shut. 15 minutes later we heard a knock on our front door... it was the police. He calmly told us to be more mindful of our neighbors, and then left. It was quite the experience. So now we have had the fire department and the police department at our apartment since I have been there.
 
This passed week was another good week. We had some great lessons, but we didn't really find anyone new to teach, so Elder McBride and I will pick up where we left off. The things that I have changed to become better is mostly that I changed my work ethic. I got a little lazy when we had our slow week, but it motivated me to get out and work again. Having my new companion has also motivated me to work harder.
 
Unfortunately I haven't gotten the toaster yet, because the mail service at our apartment doesn't work very well. I will go by the post office tomorrow to see if it is there or not. I will give you make thank you before hand though.
 
That is exciting to here that the kids are now done with school. I hope they have fun this summer, and please do let me know where Nate is going. I love you! I will keep you updated on how training goes.
 
Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment