Monday, May 5, 2014

Another Slow Week!

Hi Mom!

I am doing good! The concert last week was great, and I loved it! Unfortunately the family that we were planning on taking cancelled on us very last second, so we weren't able to go with them, but it was still a great experience that I won't forget. Her choir sang some really good songs, and then she was able to bare her testimony.

The Delarosa family which we have been teaching since I came, told us yesterday that the Mom of the family actually wasn't really interested. Their family has been meeting with the missionaries since December, so my companion and I were a little disappointed. They just aren't ready right now.

Carlos on the other hand came to church for the first time yesterday, and he liked it. He honestly would be baptized if he could come regularly. He works nights, and he usually doesn't get home until 11 in the morning, so he would prefer not to go to church just to sleep. He was able to come this week though, because he asked his boss if he could go into work early in order to get out early. He is going to start doing that every other week, and if it works, he will be able to change his schedule. We are praying for him, and fasting with him, to help him be able to attend church weekly. This is the only thing holding him back from being baptized.

The work here is a little slow right now, but we are planning on finding some good people in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully Carlos will be able to be baptized.

I love serving as a missionary. It is hard, but it brings so much happiness into my life. I love serving as a representative of Jesus Christ, and serving a mission has really taught me how important it is that I do all I can to keep the commandments I love Jesus Christ so much. I want to serve him forever!

I hope Emily will begin to feel better! It makes me sad to hear about her situation. This Sunday I will probably Skype y'all at around 4 or 5, your time. I am very excited to see you and hear how the family is doing. Have a good week! I love you!

Kyle

Hey Dad!
 
I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the nicer weather, and that the youth are starting to get their mission calls. I hope some of them get to come to the Texas Dallas mission! It is obviously the best mission in the world, but we will see what happens. I am sorry to hear that there are so many members in the ward that have gone to the hospital, but it sounds like they are all doing better. I will definitely pray for Braden Freeman. I hope he gets feeling better!
 
The work here has slowed down a little bit here, but we have some potential investigators that could become solid investigators. We are still working hard and being obedient.
 
I love my Savior! I love him so much! I have really come to know on my mission how important it is to do everything that he has asked us to do. I want to help him by serving my neighbors. I want to follow all his commandments, and I really want to help everyone else come unto him as well. I am so grateful for his atonement and how it can help me in my life. I hope to do all I can so that I and everyone else can return to live with him some day. I love Him!
 
I love you Dad! Thank you for the great example that you have been to me. I want to be more like you. I am very excited to see and talk with you on Sunday. Have a great week and I will see you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment