Monday, January 27, 2014

A Great Start for this Transfer!!

Hi Mom
 
We had another 20 lesson week this week to start off the transfer! I love life! My companion and I do get along very well, I haven't really felt any contention between us at all. I am excited for this transfer, and we are planning on baptizing. My companion loves college sports, so I would definitely say that we have that in common, as well as he likes to play basketball and football. He wants to be exactly obedient, and work hard, and as long as I have companion that does that, I think I can make it through a transfer or two. I am really looking forward to this transfer.

As district leader, my job is to send numbers, give training once a week, and make sure every companionship is doing their best. I am not really sure how to do that quite yet, because I haven't had any training, I have only seen others, but I am really excited for the district meetings. I love teaching, so it should be great! Driving the Corolla is great. You are right, I won't want to come home to a 92 Camry, so I will just stay on my mission forever!

Our investigators are still progressing, but very slowly. The baptisms on the 15 of February probably won't go through, but we are still working hard towards it. This ward needs a baptism really badly, and I feel like we can have at least one this transfer.

I am sorry to hear about Emily. I will be praying for her, and I really hope she gets better!

I still love the missionary work! It gets better and better every week! I don't know how life could be any better except for having my family with me. I love y'all so much, and there really is no need to worry about me. I am so happy all the time!

Love you
Kyle

Hi Dad,
 
We had another great week this week teaching another 20 appointments. We are really starting to find some good investigators, that will keep commitments. Many of our investigators are progressing, but they are all progressing very slowly. This ward needs a baptism, and really needs a baptism for the Spanish group, so we are working hard to do that. The baptismal dates that we had probably won't go through, so we will re-evaluate, and hopefully get them ready.
 
Answers
1. How is the new companion?
Great! He wants to be obedient, and works hard, which is all I really need, and he loves sports, so that helps too.
 
2.  Is he going to work hard too?
Yes. He is working hard as well.
 
3. What is your companion like?
He is a huge Arizona State fan, and he loves sports. He wants to do something with college or high school sports after his mission, like a physical trainer or something. He also has a great testimony, and really knows how to bring the spirit to a lesson.
 
4. How are the investigators?
Most are progressing really slowly, but surely. We are loving all of them, and we may need to speed things up a little with some of them.
 
5. Who do you want us to pray for this week?
Shannon is a youth in our ward who has been coming to church for a year, and seminary, and youth activities, but he says he doesn't believe in God. You can pray for him.
Gandaras need to come to church.
Melvin needs to know if the Book of Mormon is true.
 
6. How many are in your District?
There are only six of us, so not too many.
 
7. How many missionaries are in Sherman?
There are four missionaries in Sherman, one companionship for each ward.
 
8. Do you have a cowboy hat yet, or boots?
No, and I probably won't get anything like that until my last transfer, unless I find a really good deal or something like that.
 
9. What did you do to serve the members of the ward and your companion this week?
Well we have been really busy this week. We payed for the gas of one of the members in our ward who is struggling. We also offered to help someone with their deck, but they didn't need our help.
 
10. What experiences did you have that helped you see the Saviors hand in peoples lives?
This wasn't from this week, but a few weeks ago, we were talking with Luis. We had taught him the Word of Wisdom, because he had some problems with that. After we taught it, and after a few weeks we were asking him about the blessings that he had seen from going to church. He said that since he has come to church, he hasn't had a desire to drink. He also tried to smoke, but when he started his throat swelled up, so he stopped, so he is now living the word of wisdom. It is great to see how God works with people.
 
Thanks Dad for your love and support! I really love serving a mission, and I am really looking forward to this transfer. It will be great!
 
Love you!
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment