Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference Weekend

Hi Mom,

This week has been so good! We are being so blessed for our obedience and willingness to work hard. We are finding lots of people who are ready for the gospel. We set 5 new baptismal dates just this week. We also have 4 progressing investigators, and some more that will be coming this week hopefully. I have definitely learned the importance of being obedient and the importance of working hard.

Also, this next week to challenge ourselves a little bit, we are going to do what we call a 74 hour week. This pretty much means that we leave the apartment at 10, don't take any breaks for meals during the day, and return home after 9. It is going to be deadly, but we are excited to do it! We are really hoping that we can get a lot done this next week, and find lots of new investigators. If we do this, then maybe we won't have to go tracting all day long. We will see what happens...

I loved this conference weekend! Missionaries like to compare conference weekend to the super bowl, and I would definitely have to agree with them. It was so much fun to take a break and listen to the prophet. Conference has never meant more to me than as a missionary. I was able to think about what my investigators needed, and what I need to change in order to help them get there. Also, to make the weekend better, we decided to make breakfast before the Sunday morning session. This made watching conference away from home not so hard. And watching it at the church, really wasn't too bad. It helped me focus, and stay awake. This weekend was probably one of the best weekends of my mission so far. I loved it!

I am not in the need of anything to seriously right now, but winter is coming, so I need two more long sleeve shirts, a jacket, and coat. Besides that, I am doing good. So, I am not sure if you want to send me that stuff, or if I should just buy it myself on a Preperation day or something. I loved the package that you sent for conference. The bear claws have never tasted so good.

As for my investigators, we have taught this lady named Lupe Gabriolarosa a couple times in the past, and then stopped because she was always gone. Well, this monday we started teaching her again. She was very interested in the message we shared, and understood it all very well. It was very powerful lesson. At the end I began extending the baptismal commitment, and before I could finish, she was nodding her head yes. It was incredible! When we came back the next time that week, she had read in the Book of Mormon, and was still very interested. We invited her to conference, but unfortunately, she didn't come. I am still very optimistic about her though. She is probably our most solid investigator at the moment.

We then set baptismal dates with Laura, Henry Gutierrez, Roque Ricl, and Margarito Ricl. We are so blessed!

Thank you so much for all your love and support. I am really starting to be happier all the time, and I love teaching the restored gosplel. I am still very excited to see what we can do this week!

Have a good week!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment