Monday, October 14, 2013

This week was so tiring and so long!

Hey Mom,

This week was so tiring and so long! Then my companion got sick on saturday, and we left the apartment late, which means that we weren't able to get 74 hours in. We also thought we would get a lot done this week, but it was our slowest week of the transfer so far. It was really difficult to be working so hard, and to not have much happen. It made each day seem so much longer. Instead of teaching lots of lessons, we tracted all day long with only taking a few breaks. We are really hoping that the blessing will come the next couple of weeks. At least this week, I could honestly say that I have never worked harder on something in my life.

The baptismal dates that we have set are all in November spread through out the month. We are working hard to try and get all our investiagators progressing, but there is always the challenge of them not being home when we schedule our return visits. At times I wonder if we are doing something wrong since we are both new.

All challenges aside, we are still really happy all the time. Honestly the only disappointment and sadness that we have comes from our investigators not being home or not progressing. We are still working hard and loving it. We are still just waiting to see some success, and we know that it will come.

Honestly I am not really missing anything from home. I would love some pringles though. Please! And everything else that you were talking about sounds good. I would like a long sleeve sweater vest as well if possible. Thank you for your support.

I have been trying to keep in touch with all my friends on missions. They are all doing really well now. It is crazy to think that we were all in high school five months ago, and now we are all over the world. It will be exciting to see them all when they come back from their missions.

I am glad y'all had a great time in St. George this week with all the family. I love all the pictures that you send, and I promise that I will start taking more pictures, and hopefully send some next week. I am doing really well out here, and I love being a servant of Jesus Christ.

I love y'all very much!

Kyle
Hey Dad!
 
Don't worry about not writing last week. We didn't have much time to email last week anyways. And sorry I haven't sent any pictures. I promise I will do better from now on.
Answers:
2. Unfortunately, none of our investigators are coming to church except for Mary. She has been so solid, and we are thinking that we won't find her baptismal records, so honestly, she could be baptized with in the next two to three weeks if we don't find her records.
4. My companion and I are getting along great.  We are really good friends, and we are starting to work really well together.
5. The weirdest thing I have eaten was actually at a Mexican restaurant, that a member took us too. He said he loved the Menudo. I had never heard of it, so I decided to at least try it. My companion and the member knew what it was, and told me they weren't going to tell me, so I ate it. When I had finished it, they then told me that menudo is cow intestines, and it honestly wasn't all that bad. Wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad.
6. Nothing funny has really happened to us while tracting. We have been kicked out of about five different apartment complexes. Actually there was one day this week where all our appointments fell through, so we decided to go knock some doors in that trailer park. The first door we knocked, we were let in by a 40 year old man. He told us he wanted to wait for his wife to come before we taught him, so we just sat their and talked. When his wife opened the door, she had this really weird look on her face. She recognized us, and asked her husband why we were there. When we started talking to her to get to know her, she told us she had already been baptized into our church 18 years ago. Huh? So we began to ask her more questions, and we found out that she never really had a testimony, nor did she really know much about the church. She was baptized because her neighbors were baptized, but since then has become catholic. Very weird situation. Then after this conversation her husband said he never knew that she had been baptized. We will see what happens there... We are currently trying to find her records.
7. I can't really pick one time where I felt the spirit the strongest, but probably one time when I or my companion were saying the first vision. It is amazing how strong the spirit is when those words are said, and how it impacts the people being taught.
9. My money is doing great!
10. This week was really tough actually. Not a lot happened. We did though, teach a referral we received from Salt Lake twice this week, and he has such a humbling story. He was married somewhere about 6 years ago, and had a baby. His wife then began cheating on him, so he took the girl and left. He has been to Utah, and is now living in a tiny apartment, with almost no furniture. He works every day for a lot of time, and for every minute he isn't working, he is taking care of his daughter. It strengthened my testimony, or more made me so grateful for the family I have had and for the gospel in my life. I also realized how much I love this man, and I don't really know him very well. I want him to accept this gospel so bad!
 
I am honestly still doing fantastic out here, and I am so grateful for your love and support. I love you very much! How is the ward doing. Has anyone moved in yet? How are the Priests doing?
 
Thank you for always writing me! Have a good week!
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment