Monday, October 21, 2013

A Funny Story!!

Hi Mother,

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes, and the packages, I loved it! I especially love the coat, it looks like it will fit me perfectly, or at least I really hope it will. I am now going to be a normal 19 year old missionary. Oh well. I am very glad that I was able to come out on my mission early, and not have to worry about school. The timing now will be perfect!

I loved your story about sitting next to Kassie's mom in the concert. I am glad that Haley is doing well and loving choir!

This week again was a little slow. We had so many dropped appointments. It is a little discouraging at times, but at least we know that we are doing our part. We do have some solid investigators though, and I really hope that they will come around. Again, nobody came to church this week, but we had some people tell us that they will for sure be coming next week, and if they do, they will be our first investigators who actually come to church. We also have an investigator named Jesus Hernandez, and he is doing so well. He is our most solid investiagator. The first time we left him a Book of Mormon, he read 3 Nephi 11 all the introduction and testimonies, and the first four chapters. He has a really tough background, so he really needs the gospel in his life, and I really hope he will continue to progress, and be ready for baptism some day!

The change in weather is really nice, and I have seen a glimpse of how cold it will be in the winter with the humidity. I am very glad that you sent me all the winter stuff, because I am definitely going to need it.

I am missing all of you very much as well, and I wish I could spend tomorrow with you too, but I am glad I am able to serve the Lord. I love all of you very much, and thank you again so much for the love, support, and birthday packages.

Love, Kyle

Hi Dad!
 
I am so grateful for such great parents! I love reading your emails, and thank you so much for the packages! I am happy to represent our family and Jesus Christ as a missionary. I loved hearing President Monson's announcement also, and I love being able to say that I am a missionary.
 
Being a missionary is a great thing, but I sometimes get discouraged. I know that I am doing what I am supposed too, and that I shouldn't be disappointed, but after all our investigators aren't home, and then others drop us, it can be hard not to be. I guess I just really haven't seen any results yet, so I don't know if I am helping. All disappointment aside, I still know that we can baptize here, and that we can help bring others closer to Christ. Right now, we just need to find the people who need this gospel in their lives.
 
Answers
1. We do service at a food pantry, and also at a thrift store. I have met some of the nicest people ever at these places, and so I am more than happy to help them out when they need us.
2. We are definitely working hard, and trying to have fun! I am always dead tired when we come home each night, so hopefully that is a good sign.
3. We don't play basketball on Preperation days, because the English elders in our area don't want to, so we just relax all day.
4. We lost a lot of our investigators this week, but the few we still have are very solid. We received a refferal about 6 weeks ago for a man name Jesus Hernandez, and he is progressing very well. He read five chapters and all of the introductory stuff inbetween visits. He works every day 12 hours a day, so the thing we have to worry about the most is church attendance for him, but we are so excited for this man, and we can't wait to see him progress.
5. Yes! We found Mary's records on Tuesday! Now we are going to start working with her husband, and hopefully he will follow her example.
6. We did, but it wasn't a good time. We are going back by again this week.
7. I actually had interviews with my Mission President this week, and he is doing really well! His birthday was yesterday.
8. I have a better funny story now from this week. We were tracting one night, and knocked on a door in the middle of town. A little boy, five years old, answered the door. We heard a voice from with-in the room say, "Let them in, Luke!" The little boy, Luke, told us to come in and when we did, there was an old man who was about 58 sitting in a recliner that looked as old as he was. When we first saw him, his feet were already a little above his head. He began to try to get up, and as he swung himself forward to straighten the recliner, it actually went a little backwards. He repeated this until all at once the recliner fall all the way to the ground, and he is just sitting there almost upside down. I said to him, "Do you need some help?" and his response was, "No just give me a second." So we sit their awkwardly, as we watch him flip himself over backwards. He was definitely now a young man, and when he finally got up out of the chair I am pretty sure he was sweating. We again just kind of sat their awkwardly as he tried to fix his chair, then we did our door approach and left. As soon as we shut the door behind us, we began to burst up laughing. It was one of the funniest things we have seen so far on our missions.
 
I am still doing good. I am happy and I just figure if I keep working hard it will all get better. I hope it will. This transfer has gone by so much faster than the last one. I feel like it went by twice as fast, and I have heard that it just gets faster from here on, so we will see how it goes.
 
I love y'all so much and miss y'all a lot. I miss my BYU and golf buddy too. Thank you for your help in preparing me for a mission! Have a great week!
 
Love
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment