Tuesday, September 3, 2013

He's Alive!! Just a day late!

Hi Mom!
 
This week has been alright. Sorry I didn't email yesterday. All the libraries and the office in our apartment complex were closed, because of the holiday. I am able to write you a little bit now though.
  
I am so glad that Brooklynn's baptism went well! I really enjoyed the pictures, and being able to see the mountains. I miss the mountains. I also loved how happy Brooklynn looked. I am so sad I couldn't be there.
 
I am also sorry I haven't sent any pictures, but that is because the computers we use are very slow, so I will send some next time. I hope.
 
Now for my spiritual experience of the week:
On Friday of last week, I went on exchanges with one of the English Elders in our district. Him and I were taking over the Spanish area, which meant that if we had a lesson in Spanish that day, I would be the one doing all of the talking. I prayed really hard for help throughout the day, and I definitely received that help. As the day went on, we stopped by the Alcaraz family. The parents, Hugo and Isis, are young, and they have two kids. When we entered, I began teaching them about the Book of Mormon and its background. The lesson was going well, and I committed them to read 3 Nephi 11. When I was wrapping up the lesson, I felt prompted to commit them to baptism. I thought this was going to be really hard since I didn't have my Spanish speaking companion with me, but I did it anyways. When I had extended the commitment, the wife had a question that she asked. Unfortunately, I can teach a lot better than I can comprehend, so she had to ask me the same question four times. After what felt like forever, we were able to resolve her concerns. This little moment went terribly I thought, and I didn't know how they were going to accept the baptism invitation that I had extended. Amazingly though they said yes, because of the spirit in the room. It really strengthened my testimony on how important the spirit is. I know that I may not be able to speak perfect Spanish, but I can teach with the spirit. The spirit is the teacher, and we just invite. We have a return appointment with them this Friday, and I am really hoping that it will all work out! Now we need to get them to come to church.
 
I am hanging in there. I can see glimpses of how fun missionary work can be, I just have to do everything that I am supposed to do, and stay obedient. I am excited for the rest of my mission.
 
I love you so much!
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment