Monday, September 16, 2013

A New Companion!!

Hi Mom

I love all the pictures you send me. I really like seeing the family, but also really like seeing the house and yard and mountains.

Tell Chase I am rooting for him. I hope his team can some how find a way to beat all the 9th graders, that would be great.

The weeks for me keep getting better and better. The meeting was held in Colleyville in the Fort-worth mission, so for a little while, our mission was completely empty. After the meeting, we stopped by Dallas Cowboy stadium and the Texas Ranger stadium on our way home. These stadiums are huge. As for the meeting, it was really good! I loved the spirit that Elder Nielsen has and for the chance that we had to hear him testify of Christ. I could tell that he had a perfect knowledge that Christ lives. We talked about the Atonement in missionary work. And no changes were actually made.

I am staying in Waxahachie this next transfer, and my companion will be Elder Schroeppel from Orem. He came out the same time as I did, so I am very nervous about our abilty to communicate in spanish. At least now, we will be able to learn a lot faster. I am very excited to see what happens!

Love,
Elder Stewart

P.S. sorry this email is short, I wrote a big one to Dad.
 
Hey Dad!
 
Answer time:
1. Elder Nielson's visit was great! When he bore testimony of Christ, there was no doubt in his mind that Christ lives. It was great to feel of his spirit, and hear what he had to say. And now I can say that I have shaken hands with an apostle.
 
2. They didn't split the mission, I guess it was just a rumor.
 
3. Transfers are tomorrow, and to make my mission really interesting right from the start, my new companion came out the same time as I did. I am staying in this area, which will be a great blessing, but my new companion and I will definitely struggle a bit at least for the first few weeks. His name is Elder Schroepel from Orem Utah, and he is the senior companion. I am nervous because of the Spanish, but also very excited for a companion that wants to do things the right way. (I have already met him before, so I know who he is.) It will be a great blessing though in the long run, because I will now learn Spanish much faster that I will be forced to use it. I am very excited!
 
4. I am doing a lot better. In some ways I feel like I wasted my time a bit this transfer, but I definitely learned a lot. I am just really excited and looking forward to this next transfer.
 
5. The investigators are doing ok. We haven't been able to go back to the Alcaraz family since I set those dates, but I am planning on seeing them this week with my new companion, and getting them to church. We met a new family this week, Raul and Mirella ( the ll makes a y sound) Linares. They are probably the most solid investigators that we have so that is great. And Mary came to church again yesterday.
 
6. My Spanish has been really slow the past couple of weeks, but with my new companion it should be coming a lot faster.
 
7. For service, we give service at a food pantry in Waxahachie, and a place like DI called Heaven's attic, it is a really small store though. Then every Thursday, we have breakfast with our President, and help him with his yard.
 
8. For study we have one hour of: Personal, Companion, language, and what is called 12 Week (training program for new missionaries)
 
9. The spiritual experience that I had, or rather the great experience I had this week was with the Linares family. We found them on Monday while they were working on their truck. We went over to see if they needed help, which they didn't, but we were able to teach them the first lesson. When we said that we have a prophet on the earth today, he said, "Really?" He was amazed, and wanted to learn more. We taught them again Thursday, and Saturday. On Saturday, we also had a fiesta with the branch that we invited them to. They said they wouldn't be able to come, because there one year old son wasn't feeling great. About an hour into the party, they showed up. It was great, and they were able to meet the whole branch. After the fiesta, we gave them a tour of the church. They were amazed by how many rooms we had for the children in our church. They didn't come to church yesterday, but they seem very solid to me.
 
Love,
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment