Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013

Hi Mom!
 
This week I must say was a little slower, because we had a bunch of meetings and stuff. We had a really good night last night however teaching two lessons and receiving three new investigators in only two hours. I wish we could be that efficient all the time. I haven't taught the Alcaraz family or Mary recently, but I will keep you updated. I just know that there is still so much that I can improve on, which is a good thing I guess.

I am glad to hear that everything is getting better at home. Sounds like school is getting better for you also. Every time you talk about it, it always reminds me of my Financial Literature class, so I definitely know how you feel. I am also glad that the kids are doing well adjusting to school. It must have just been hard for everyone to start changing their schedules. It sounds like Todd is doing great. He wrote me, and didn't seem to worried about anything. I know he will be just fine. And Josh... District Leader!!! Wow, he must have a lot in store for him if on his mission if he has been called as District Leader already. Does this mean that he is senior companion, and or training? Could you ask for his address and send that to me in your next email? Thank you for the updates.


Hey Dad!
 
This week was actually really slow. I haven't met with any of our investigators that I told you about since last time. And instead of having a great spiritual experience this week, I had a very disappointing experience. We went by an investigators house this week, who I thought was our most solid investigator. We knocked on the door and waited for him to come out. When he came out, he was holding the Book of Mormon and Pamphlets that we had given him. He told us that he was catholic, and wasn't interested in taking the lessons from us anymore. His name is Arturo Lopez, and he was a very humble man who I thought was excited to hear our message. There was no way that he would say this to us, unless someone else talked to him. We think it was his wife, but that isn't important. I felt so sad for him. I knew that the gospel could help him so much, and he didn't want it. This is probably the hardest part of serving a mission. It was tough.

I did go on exchanges again this week, and I was able to teach a man in English, because I was in the English elders area. We taught a lesson that was very powerful to a part member family that had already had all of the missionary lessons before. I think he shows a lot of potential.
 
 I was so excited when I saw that BYU won. Now I need to find some Texas fans and tell them I am a BYU fan. It will be the perfect door approach! How is work going for you. You must be getting really busy as we are getting close to October.

I was looking back over this transfer, I would have to say that one of the things that probably bothered me the most, was the fact that we only proselyte for a maximum of four hours a day. This is because our mission is involved in a program called Just Serve, where we have to do 6-10 hours of service a week. And on top of that we have four hours of study every day. Then someday we only have two hours for proselyting, because the members we eat dinner with live 30 minutes away, which means we have two hours that we must take out of our day for dinner. So, any advice for this?

Something that we have to look forward to this week, is that we have Elder Nielsen coming to our mission on Wednesday. He is actually coming to the Fort-Worth mission, but we have the opportunity to go listen to him also. Because of this, there is a rumor going around that there will be a mission split. I don't know if it is true, but we could have three mission come out of the Dallas and Fort Worth missions. It will be interesting to see, and I will let you know what happens next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment