Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving!!

Mother,


We have had another great week. The work is going really well in this area, and we are seeing so much success. Andrew is going to be baptized next Sunday, and he is very excited for that. He already finished the Book of Mormon, and he is very ready! He has asked me to baptize him, so I am very excited for him.

This week we have started to implement the initiative from the church of He is the Gift. If you haven't watched the video yet, I would invite y'all to watch it. And to see the video. christmas.mormon.org It is a great way for us to share the gospel, and we are trying to implement that now. I hope it goes well, and we can see success. I love this time of year!

We haven't had a chance to meet with the Moreno family quite yet, but we are planning on meeting this week.

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year. We started out with the Turkey Bowl in the morning, which we weren't able to play in, because our President asked us not too. We were able to eat food, and talk to a lot of members there. It was fun, and we ate fried turkey for the first time. It was good, but my stomach didn't like it too much. After lunch, we went back to the apartment, and we planned for the next week. We then went to dinner with the Arevalo family, but after being there for an hour we still hadn't eaten dinner, so we left taught two lessons, and then we went back to eat dinner. They cooked a classic American meal, so it was like being at home. After finishing our dinner there, we went back to work. We passed by a less-active family's house, and they invited us in to eat more food. They had made tamales, which were really good! I loved it! It was a good balance of Mexican and American food! So, overall Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, and we had some great food, all while working at the same time.

Another highlight of the week was yesterday. This stake performs an annual Christmas concert with a choir, and a couple of orchestra performers. It was a lot of fun to listen and watch them perform, and the spirit was very strong. I miss being able to sing in a choir.

Elder Banner is doing well. He is able to participate more and more each lesson. Yesterday he gave his first talk in Sacrament meeting on the mission, and he did a great job. I helped him translate it, and he was able to give it very well. After he spoke, our ward mission leader spoke. Before the meeting, we opened up the overflow which is normally closed, and while he was speaking, he told everyone that all the empty seats in the back represent a less-active friend, or a family member, or someone that the ward needs to invite to come to church. I feel like it was a pretty effective object lesson.

I haven't had to do much as District leader quite yet. I will be giving another training this week, and I am excited for it. I really love teaching the gospel. I love helping others and serving them as well, so this responsibility is great!

I will be looking forward to the package tomorrow. Thank you for all your love and support! I am glad that the family had a great week! I still haven't been able to write Daniel, and it will be easier for me if I can email him, so could you get his email for me please? And Todd wrote me and told me how we really liked being able to do all the humanitarian work out there on his Island, so that is good for him. I am really loving the mission! I miss y'all a lot, but I don't want to come home. This experience has been too good, so I plan on making the most of my last couple of months. I love y'all! Have a great week!

Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment