Monday, November 17, 2014

Staying in Rowlett

I have been transferred to the most dangerous part of Dallas right in the city of Dallas. We hear gun shots every night.

Not really. I am staying here in Rowlett for another transfer! I have to tell you the story of transfers. I didn't like having to wait until Monday night to get the calls, but the transfer meeting was fun. We got the call Monday at 8:00 saying that Elder Peck was leaving and that I was going to be staying for another transfer, so we went back to the apartment, and he packed while I cleaned the apartment. The next day we went to the meeting where we were going to find out who our new companions were, and where missionaries were going. The had a slide show set up where they went through the different zones showing everyone where they were going to go. I am in the Heath zone, and when they got to our slide, I saw my picture with out anyone next to it. This means, I am training again! I wasn't really feeling very nervous until I found out I was training. That is when the nerves start to set in. My new companion is Elder Banner from Loa, Utah. No one has heard of that city, so he just says central Utah to everyone. He is a really funny sarcastic guy, so I am excited to be working with him. He likes the outdoors a lot, hunting, fishing, etc. Probably because that is all there is in his town.

I am excited to train again, but I was also called as District Leader, so I was feeling somewhat overwhelmed at the beginning of the week. I gave my first District meeting in Spanish on Wednesday, and it went OK. Every once and a while I get a small glimpse of what Dad must feel, but it I am sure it isn't even close. It will be a great opportunity for me to learn and grow again.

This week was a great first week for Elder Banner. We taught more lessons this week than I have any other week. It was a great start for him on his mission. We worked a lot with the less-active members of the ward trying to get them to come to church, and we had some success with that.

Everything else is about the same here in the ward. Our investigators have been sick recently, so we haven't been able to teach a lot of them, and they didn't make it to church, but they are still doing well. Andrew told us this week for the first time that he believes in God, so he has come a long away.

The weather was about the same here as it was in Utah. It makes knocking doors a lot of fun. It is going to get back up to 70 though by the end of the week, so we will at least have a little more good weather. At least the cold is better than the heat.

Everything is going good. I would like some mission-appropriate music for Christmas. That would be great! I am glad that the family is doing well, and yes I have been getting e-mails from Nate. He is doing good! I love y'all so much and have a great week!

Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment