Monday, November 10, 2014

Another Good Week!!

Hi Mom,

We had another good week this week. It started out with a lot of rain, which was great, and we also taught some good lessons. I did get the card from Grandpa and Grandma Stewart by the way. I am so grateful for such great Grandparents! I don't like the new way they are calling us for transfers. It doesn't give us any time to pack, clean, or say good bye to any of the members, so I hope that they change it the next time. I think that I will be staying though.

Andrew is still doing so good. We weren't able to meet with him today, because his brother went to the hospital, but he came to church, and we mentioned that Elder Peck might be leaving, but that he would be able to come back for the baptism on the 6th. Andrew then said that he was pretty sure that Elder Peck would be back on the 6th of December. I was so excited when I heard that. It is so great that he is now starting to believe in God. He told us he was still a little unsure, but that while his brother was in the hospital, he prayed very hard that he would be OK. He told us that he thought to himself, "If I don't believe in God, why am I praying so hard?" So, he is definitely starting to recognize the Holy Ghost. I am very excited for him!

We were finally able to meet with the Moreno family again, and everything is still good. They are both planning on getting married at the end of the month, and it will be great to see that. Then she will be getting baptized right after that. I am excited for them as well!

We had another great experience this last week where the spirit guided us to a less active. When I first got to this area, the Bishop asked us to go and visit the Garcia family. We went by over and over again, and finally after several weeks we taught them a lesson. A few days after the lesson, we received a call from the Dad saying he didn't have time for us to be coming over, and that he would call us if they wanted us to come by again. So, we crossed them off the list and started working with other people. My companion got a prompting this week to visit them again. Earlier, my companion had marked their house on my GPS with a skull and cross bones, so if he wanted to visit them again, I thought that it must have been the spirit telling him to do so, so we went to their house. When we got there, they were loading up the car getting ready to leave. We were able to talk to them and they willingly set another appointment for us to teach them. We then were able to teach them this week, and they were open to what we had to say.

I will let y'all know what happens to me this week. I hope that I stay, so that I can help the people we are working with, and see them get baptized. I have loved watching them change and progress. I hope y'all have a great week! I love you!

Love, Kyle












No comments:

Post a Comment