Monday, April 14, 2014

Goodbye to Sherman!! First Baptism!! (Pictures)

Howdy!

I have some good news, and some bad news. And more good news. First, I am being transferred to Grand Prairie Texas. There is a Spanish ward in Grand Prairie, so I will really be able to improve my Spanish. I have gotten to the point where I can say pretty much anything I want to during the lessons. Now I just need to work on the verbs and words that aren't as common. I am very excited for this next transfer. I will also be pulling out the bike that I haven't used. Hopefully it still works. I am excited for that as well.

That was both good and bad news, so now for some more good news. Igor is getting baptized next Saturday!!!!! I am so happy for him, and he has honestly been my best friend in the mission. We have really gotten along, and I am so excited that he is good to go. Now the bad news. We have a rule here in the mission field that if you have a baptism in another area, you can go only if it is a 45 minute drive or less, and Grand Prairie is more than an hour away, so I won't be able to go to the baptism. Honesty I would like to go, but I am not disappointed. I am still so happy that he is going to be baptized that it is OK if I can't go. I will at least still be able to see the pictures of him in white. I can't wait!

This past week has been a really good one. We found several Spanish investigators which has been a real struggle for us in this area. The work in this area is continuing to pick up, and I am so thankful that I was able to be a part of that. I have loved so much getting to serve here in Sherman, and serve the ward here. I have met some great people, and I have learned so much. I am also looking forward to this next transfer and a change in scenery. I have had so much fun, and I will continue to have fun and be happy.

I love y'all and I will let you know how my new area is. I am definitely looking forward to it!

Have a great week! Love, Kyle
 






 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment