Monday, April 21, 2014

First Week in Grand Prairie!!

Hi Mom!

I am doing great! I am loving the new area, and the opportunity that I have to pull out and ride the bike. I have been sleeping really well because of it. I told you all that I had gained 20 pounds, but I found out a little later that the scale I had used was off and I had only gained 10. Now on the bike, I am sure that I am going to have the opportunity to lose all of that weight. We will see.

My new companion is Elder Wells. He is from Spanish Fork, UT and he has been out on his mission now for 18 months or so. We are getting along great, and I am loving the new area that I have the privilege of serving in. I am not the district leader, and we have 6 missionaries in our district again. The district meetings now are in Spanish though, so I will have another opportunity to practice my Spanish. My Spanish will start improving a lot again.

The work here is OK. We don't have a lot of investigators, but we have a baptism that will either happen this Sunday or the next. Her name is Lucero and she is very ready I believe.

Easter (yesterday), I had quite the day. First of all we were riding around in our suits for most of the day, and at 7:00 last night it began to pour. We walked back to our bikes, and within 10 seconds of walking, we were drenched. We then kept riding in the rain in our suits, so hopefully the suit will be good to wear. Then to end the day, or should I say night, while we were sleeping we got a knock on our door at about 2:00 in the morning. When we woke up we saw a lot of red flashing lights. My companion answered the door, and a fireman told us we needed to evacuate the building immediately. He said there was an electrical problem. So, we left the apartment and stood around for and hour and a half before we were told that we could go back inside. It was a long night.

I am loving my new area and companion! Good luck with school Mom! I hope you score well on your finals. Thank you for the package. I haven't gotten it yet, but I know I will love it. Have a great week!

Love Kyle

Hi Dad,

I am happy that you made it through tax season! I am sure that life is a lot better for you now. I want to again thank you for all that you have done for me, and the great example that you have been to me in how to prioritize your life. You had a crazy work schedule at times, you were in the bishopric, and you still were able to find time to spend with the family. I love you!

Questions:
1. How did transfers go?

Good, I am all settled in the new area that I am in, and I am ready to go.

2. How is your new companion?

Great! His name is Elder Wells, and he is 22.

3. What is the new area like?

The new area is great. It is a little old and run down, but there are plenty of hispanics here, so I am doing so good.

4. Did Igor end up getting baptized

I am not sure. My old companion hasn't sent me an email, so I will let you know next week hopefully.

5. What are the investigators like in your new area?

We have a baptism coming up for Lucero. As well as we are teaching the Delarosa family who is showing interest but not progressing quite yet. We are teaching Carlos who is really close, he just needs to come to church which has been a little difficult for him because of work.

6. Have you gotten a chance to meet the new members yet what are they like?

They are great! From what I have seen. It is a little different being here, because we have three sets of missionaries here including us, so I am not going to be able to get to know all of them as well as I did in Sherman.

7. Are you still a district leader?

No, I am not.

8. How many are in your district now?

2 Sisters, and 4 Elders

9. Did your last companion get transferred to or is he still in Sherman?

He is still in Sherman

10. How is riding a bike?
I actually really enjoy it! Being on a bike has allowed me to be in better shape, and contact a lot of people. It is also more fun to be on a bike in my opinion. Being on a bike makes the day go by so much faster.

I am doing really good, and I love being a missionary! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. My love for the gospel and for Jesus Christ has grown so much. I am really looking forward to this new area and transfer, and to how I am going to grow personally. Thanks for the updates on BYU. I hope that you enjoy the post tax-season. I love you!

Love, Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment