Monday, November 4, 2013

He Finally Sent Pictures!!

Hi Mom!
 
I already LOVE this area. Sherman is the best. The ward here has been so helpful to us already, and I have only been here less than a week. This week was probably the best week of my mission so far. And my companion is great. Very humble, and I am guessing he will be my favorite companion so far.

This area is actually a lot like my old area in Waxahachie. It is very spread out, with lots of farm land. Also, just like Waxahachie, it is one of the biggest areas in the mission. My area goes up to Durant, Oklahoma. There isn't a Spanish ward or branch here, just a Spanish group which is part of the English ward. I am excited for the rest of this transfer and the rest of my time here in Sherman.

The ward is fantastic in this area! We taught probably 3 times as many lessons with a member present in my first week. Most of which were with a kid named Jason Rodriguez who leaves on his mission this Wednesday. He reminds me so much of Esteban. Pretty much everything about him reminded me of the way Esteban acts and talks. It was great to get to know him before he left. His dad is actually the Bishop of the ward here. He is bilingual, which really helps us Spanish missionaries out.

We had an amazing miracle happen my first week here as well. On Saturday morning, during our coordination meeting with the ward, we set a goal to begin teaching 20 lessons a week. So to do this, we needed to find more families to teach. So we set a goal to find four new families before our next meeting. The bishop sent out an email to as many people as he could to fast for us yesterday in reaching this goal. Then we went to work. We tracted Saturday night and had no luck. Then after the fast Sunday, we went out tracting again. We knocked on several houses, before someone finally let us in. This was the first new investigator in this area in a while. We taught a great lesson then left. We had two other potential houses to try that night, and both of them let us in. So we found three families in the space of three hours. It was great! I have really learned on my mission that it doesn't matter how hard you work or how many people you talk to, if you don't include the Lord. We included the Lord last night and this weekend, and amazing things happened. So when we work hard, talk to everyone, and trust in the Lord, Miracles will happen. I am so grateful for the chance I had to witness this miracle!

On top of all that, we have an investigator named Roberto who will most likely be baptized on the 23 of November. I am so excited for that day!

Thanks for the update! I hope Haley starts feeling better. You definitely don't have to worry about me. I am doing great. And here are some pictures...

Kyle
 


 

 
Hey Dad!
 
I really love my new area. I can tell that this transfer will be great, and the next couple as well for as long as I stay here. I am so happy to be here! On top of that, we have a baptism coming up on November 23 that is so solid. His name is Roberto. He is 17 and a Junior and High school, and he really wants to be baptized. Hopefully we can start teaching his family as well.
 
Questions from Ron's email
1. What is your address
2. How is your new apartment (is it just you and your companion or do you live with other elders)
3. How is your companion
4. How is your new district
5. Was it hard to leave your other area
6. What were transfers like (did you have members move you, buses, do you all go to one place and then split up??)
7. How is your leg?  (stay away from the sleepy looking dogs, they are the sneaky ones) (did you have it looked at)
8. Are you excited about your new area?
9. Are you going to send pictures?
10. Do you know that we miss you and think about you everyday. 
 
Answers
1. (I took his address off for safety, if you would like it email me and I will send it to you. khcstewart@comcast.net)
2. The new apartment is a big step down from my old one. I found out that I was really spoiled at my first area with the apartment there. And it is only my companion and I.
3. My companion is great. He is very humble and wants to work. His name is Elder Duce, from Napa, Idaho. I am very excited to work with him this transfer!
4. My new district is also great! This district is actually a Spanish district, so we have our meetings in Spanish.
5. It was hard to leave my other area, especially since I didn't say goodbye to anyone, but I love my new area.
6. We had our Branch President take us up to a church where all the missionaries meet. Then we all split up and go to our new areas.
7. My leg is just fine, and no I didn't have it looked at. Do you think I should? It isn't hurting or anything.
8. Yessss!
9. Yes
10. Of course
 
Thank you for the great example you have always been to me. I really have loved having you as my leader through all of Church growing up. I love you so much!
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment