Monday, November 18, 2013

Another Week in Sherman

Hi Mom!
 
Things were definitely a little disappointing last week, but I have never felt so close to my Savior before. I grew so much from that one experience, and learned so much about how to use the Atonement in my life. I know that it is a trial that I must face in order to become the missionary God wants me to be, and I am going to continue working harder and harder.
 
Nothing really big happened this week, but I love serving the Lord, and I am so happy! We did teach a lot of people, and right now we are just trying to find the people who God has prepared. The weather here is Amazing! I love it so much. It is a little chilly in the morning until about 10, then the rest of the day just feels great. It is definitely a lot better than the summers here in Dallas.
 
The Sherman area is great! I love the members here. We are receiving so much help from the ward, and we love it so much! I feel that we are going to start finding some great investigators here as well, and I am excited for the holiday season.
 
The highlight of my week was a comment that one of the members made in the English gospel doctrine class. We ate with them Friday, which was so much fun! Then on Sunday the member made the comment to the class, "All you have to do is sit down and talk with Elder Stewart for 5 minutes, and you will know that he is a servant of God." He made the comment in explaining how the youth are being prepared early. I wasn't actually in the class, but the sisters in the ward told me about it. It made my week.
 
I am so jealous of Chase and Dad. I miss going to the games, but I know that I will go to many more, so I am not too worried. I am glad y'all are staying busy. I love you too, and thanks for all you do!
 
 Kyle
 
Hi Dad,
 
I am really jealous about the whole two BYU games in one day thing. That sounds like so much fun, but I know there will be many more games for me to watch in my life time. I am really excited about the basketball team. They should be fun to watch. Thanks for keeping me posted!
 
Answers
1. Sherman is actually a lot like my last area Waxahachie. It is a smaller town with lots of farm land everywhere. We are having an easier time finding people to teach here though which is great.
2. It is OK. Don't worry.
3. This week was really good. Nothing really big happened this week, but it was our best week of the transfer so far. We taught lots of lessons, and found new investigators. We just need them to keep commitments now.
4. We found 9 new investigators, but we didn't set up very many return appointments, because Hispanics work all day every day. There answer every time when we ask when we come back is, "If you are in the area you can come over, and see if we are here." It is a little frustrating at times.
5. I wouldn't say I am getting chubby, but I have gained 20 pounds so far on my mission. So...
6. The other missionaries here are great. There are two other sets of sister missionaries here, and we all get along great!
7. I don't think I really need anything. I am doing pretty good. Thanks for all your support!

I love you Dad! Good luck during this busy time of year for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment