Monday, October 13, 2014

A Fun Week in Rowlett!!

Hi Mom!
It was a fun week here in Rowlett. We started it all off with another day at Shenanigan's last Monday where we played bowling and stuff like that. On Tuesday we saw meet the Mormon's which was a really good movie. It was done very well, and really shows how important the family is to our religion. I almost got teary eyed when they showed the story of the Missionary Mom. I don't know if y'all have seen it, but it will probably make you cry. It was a great movie though.

On Saturday we had another missionary activity where we played soccer at the church. We had another good turn out, and it was fun to play with everyone.

That was about it as far as highlights, but our investigators are doing very well. Andrew is still the most solid investigator that I have ever had, but he still hasn't received his answer on whether or not there is a God. He is praying, reading, obeying all the commandments, and going to church every Sunday. He told us on Sunday that he still hasn't received his answer, but he has noticed that he is more calm and peaceful throughout the day. He drinks coffee, but ever since we taught him about the word of wisdom, he stopped. He doesn't even believe in God yet, and he stopped drinking coffee. He is solid, and he will receive his answer very soon.

The Moreno family is still doing well. They haven't been coming to church the passed two weeks, but everything should be fine.

Jared on the other hand, wasn't home when we had an appointment, and he hasn't accepted our phone calls, or answered the phone, so I don't know what happened, but we are giving him a break. Hopefully we can make contact with him again.

That is all that I really have to write about. We are still working hard, and I love this area. I hope that we will be able to continue to see success, and that our investigators will keep their commitments! I love my mission!

That is great to hear you got a job! Are you planning on staying there until they give you a paying job? That would be a fun job for sure! Let me know how it goes. Sounds like everything is going very well back home. Chase and Brooklynn looked really good in the sports pictures you took. I can't wait to come back and play Chase in basketball. That will be fun! Thank you for all y'all are doing for me!

I love you so much.
Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment