Monday, February 17, 2014

Our Zone Contacted 2000 People!

Mom!
 
We have had another great week here in Sherman! We taught some good lessons, and contacted a lot of people. Our zone as a whole contacted 2000 people this week, which was crazy! We are doing a competition thing here to help us get ready for March Madness. We call it McKinney Madness. The first week we competed in who could contact the most, and it payed off, because the zone contacted 2000 people. Last night we called in our District's numbers, and the zone leaders told us that we had 1,996 contacts, so we needed to contact four more. Elder Lynn and I, in our basketball shorts and shirts ran out of our apartment at 10:00 at night to contact the four more people that we needed to contact to reach 2000. It was quite the experience, but we got 2000.
 
On top of that, we set another baptismal date that is very solid. We now have Igor the African for March 8, Aaron C for March 8, and our new date with Aaron G for March 15. These dates are all looking really solid, and we should be baptizing next transfer. It will be a great experience! Aaron G our new baptismal date is 17, and the youth brought him to church. We met with him, and before we said anything, he told us he wants to be baptized. We are very excited for him. He plays football for Sherman high school, and he is already being recruited by Auburn, Florida State, Baylor, Texas. To start of the lesson, I asked him why he wanted to be baptized. His response was, "I have been thinking a lot about my future, and I want a new start with a strong faith in Christ. I went to become religious again so that when I go to school, I won't be as influenced by decisions and the people around me." After that response everyone in the room (The priests and us) were amazed. We knew right there that he was ready. I have never heard an answer so sincere in my life. He really wants to be baptized, and I can't wait to help him out! The youth in this ward are incredible. They are by far the best missionaries in the ward, and they are only 16 and 17. I wish I had experiences like that before my mission. They will be great missionaries!
 
I really can't believe how great the missionary work is here in Sherman. I love missionary work! I don't know if I have ever been so happy before in my life, and I really can't wait for this next transfer when we will be able to see some people come unto Christ through baptism. I have never experienced anything so fulfilling in my life. Oh yeah! Aaron C has finished the Book of Mormon, and he knows it is true. He has said many times, "I don't know why the church has so much against, from what I have read, I haven't found anything that goes against what I believe, or what the Bible says, and trust me, I have looked!" Aaron is very prepared for baptism! Really the only obstacle we have to conquer for him would be that he drinks a lot of coffee.
 
 Chase is doing great! Tell him that he better get his Eagle before I get home. I am proud of him, and excited for him as well. How long will he need braces?
 
I am still doing great, and I did receive the package. Thank you very much for it. The pringles are greatly appreciated. I hope y'all have a good week!
 
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment