Monday, February 10, 2014

Miracles!!

Mom,
I am still doing great! Like I said last week, the miracles come after a trial of your faith, and we definitely saw some miracles this last week. It made up for the bad week we had before, and it shows that as we do all we can, even in our hardships, the Lord will do all we can't. I love this work!

We started out the week teaching lots of lessons, and we knew it was going to be a good week. We were excited for the people we were visiting, and we have been working hard to find the prepared. On Wednesday, we had a zone meeting which started out with a really long boring training on contacting referrals. It was a good training that took way to long to explain, but that same day, we received a referral, that I may have put off until later had the training not taken place. We contacted the referral quickly, and set up an appointment for the next day. When we passed by his house for the lesson, it went great! We found out that he was researching his family history, and found out that some of his ancestors were pioneers. He wondered why he hadn't known about it, and wanted to know what we believe, so he went on line, and requested the missionaries from Mormon.org. Not only that, but in his research, he had found that he comes from Scotland, and that he is related to Stewarts. On top of that, he had been praying for something about his family history, for example a Stewart, and I came to his house. It was perfect timing, and I finally realize why I was called to Dallas, Texas, and why I am teaching in English. His name is Aaron. He is a war veteran and 43 years old. He has really bad health, so he is retired.

We taught Aaron a great lesson on Thursday, and another on Friday, and another on Saturday. Aaron has already read through 1 and 2 Nephi, and partway through Jacob. He will probably have the book finished by the next time we go to his house. He is truly prepared, and really we only have a few things that are holding him back. We are so blessed, and saw the miracle of the Lord's timing this week.

The second miracle came on Saturday, when our investigator Igor called. He is the young African from Gabon. He had a really tough week this week, and had to rely on the Book of Mormon a little. Igor is 25 and is staying here to go to school. In order for him to go to school, he also has to work a lot, so his schedule is really crazy. This passed week, Igor didn't have enough money to pay his tuition, and was still going to school, and working. He was feeling really depressed, and read from the Book of Mormon to find comfort. It was Ironic, because the last time we had taught him, he had asked us to give him some scriptures he could use to help him through his trials, and to give him comfort. He read those scriptures, and they really helped him out. He was also praying about whether or not he should be baptized, and he received his answer saying yes! We were so excited when he called us on Saturday. Another miracle had happened, and we couldn't believe it. We are so excited for him. There are some things that we still have to work out, but he is doing great!

I love missionary work! We had some other miracles happen this week, with finding some people, but the two I wrote were the biggest.

I am not going to lie, we don't do a whole lot here in Sherman to have fun. There is not a lot to do. I have however picked up a new hobby/skill, and that is juggling. It is my new stress reliever at night. I will come home after a long day and start juggling. It is funny, I think as missionaries we have the ability to pick up things faster than we normally would, like juggling. There are also may missionaries that pick up the Ukulele on their missions. My companion and I are still getting along great, and I am having more fun this transfer than I have my whole mission. The companions for me just keep getting better and better.

I am not sure if you saw it in my last letter, but I would really like my Priesthood line of authority. There have been so many times over the passed couple of weeks when I could have used it, so it would be very helpful! Besides that I am doing great!

Thank you for all you do! I love you and miss you a lot!

Kyle








 

No comments:

Post a Comment