Monday, December 16, 2013

Things are Slow in Sherman!!

Mom!

I love my ugly sweater picture! It is really nice. I am not going to lie, this week was really slow. We taught so few lessons, and we lost contact with almost all of our investigators. I don't know why, but we just can't seem to reschedule appointments. Almost all of our investigators will say, "Y'all can come back whenever. Then when we try to pass by again, they aren't home. It is really frustrating. I feel at times that I am not doing anything, because we don't have any progressing investigators. It is hard to want to help people really badly, and then to have them not want what we are offering.
 
We did have some fun things happen this week however. We had our ward Christmas party this Saturday. We invited all of our investigators and everyone that we talked to all last week to the party, and none of them came. We had a great time though as we sat and talked with the Luefevers in our ward. (They are the family that sent the picture of me with the cake. And I don't know how to spell their last name.) I would have to say, that they are definitely one of my favorite families in the ward. She also invited our family to a baseball game when we come back and tour my mission.
 
The highlight for me this week was last night when we taught our recent convert Roberto. He is such a good kid. I was telling my companion the other day, how I hadn't really seen a change in him, because he was ready for baptism before we taught him. Last night however, he was telling us some great stories, and I have now seen a big difference in him. He told us a story of how one day his Dad wanted him to drive him and a friend to a bar. He did so being nice, but then his Dad asked him to come in with them. Roberto came in to the bar, and had what he said was just a terrible feeling. He felt so comfortable, and decided to leave immediately. He said that the moment he stepped outside, he felt so much peace and happiness return to him. He left the bar without his dad and friend, because he knew he shouldn't be there.
 
Thank you for all the presents, and yes I am opening them all when I should. I have been craving Subway for a long time, so good call on that one! The tree unfortunately hasn't come, so I don't know what you are thinking about that.

I still don't know the exact time on when we are planning on calling, but we are allowed to skype, so if y'all can set that up, that would be great. If not, we can do a phone call. I am getting really excited to talk to you too!

I love y'all so much!
Elder Stewart


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment