Monday, December 23, 2013

Enjoying being a Bilingual Missionary!

Mom,
 
Y'all had a very crazy week it sounds like. I hope y'all are getting excited for Christmas! It should be great! I loved the pictures as well.
 
I am doing great! We have had some big changes this past week with teaching English people now that we are bilingual missionaries. It is definitely keeping us busy, and I love it! It is really nice to actually have things to do and people to see. We also had set two baptismal dates with some English speakers last transfer, which we get to keep now, since we are the English missionaries. I love it!
 
This year for Christmas we are going to keep on working. We are going to go to dinner with the Hill family, and we will Skype around then if that is OK. We are going to do some things with them, and they are going to try to have some non-members there, so that will be great. I am so sad, that I am going to be missing the fish on Christmas morning though. For the rest of the day we are going to be working like normal. We will be knocking for a while, and then we will try to visit some of our investigators. Every time we tell any one that we are knocking, they always respond, "Really? You can't be serious." But to tell you the truth, I am so excited to be sharing to gospel on Christmas. Christ is the reason why we celebrate it, and we shouldn't be ashamed to share our message with others. So we will knock.
 
The weather this past week was incredible. We didn't wear jackets or sweaters all week except for some nights. It even got up to 70 degrees one day. I wish it would be that temperature all the time. The past two day were really cold again. I still don't get how it can be 36 degrees, and yet it feels like 10 degrees. The humidity I guess. I am not exactly sure how the next week will be, but there definitely won't be a white Christmas here in Texas.
 
We are still waiting on a time when we can Skype home, so when it comes today, I will either have the member send you a text, or I will email you. It should be after 5 though is my guess.
 
I love y'all so much, and I am so excited to talk to you on Wednesday.
 
Love
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment