Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week 6

This was a great week to end on. I have definitely loved the MTC, and I have learned so much. Now it is time to put all that learning and practice to work. I can't wait to see the miracles that can happen in other people's lives. This week I have learned so much about faith. We read a talk which I would highly recommend to anyone about how to use your faith to create miracles. It is called "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" by Gene R. Cook. This talk has really changed my view on faith. I know that I can create miracles through my faith if I work hard as well. Yesterday we also had our in field orientation. It was another great experience that got me so excited to go out and get to work. I can't wait!

On Wednesday this week I was able to Host Kaden Day. He was happy to be here, and I was very happy to see him. I have been so blessed to come to the MTC at a time like this, because I am able to see my friends all the time. I see Todd every day, because we both have the same eating schedule. This has made starting my mission a lot easier for me. It is a great time to be a missionary and I can't wait.

I really have loved the MTC so much, and I will probably miss it when I get to the field. I have grown so much spiritually and emotionally over the past 6 weeks. I have loved the devotionals and the amazing spirit that I have felt here. I love all the study time that I have had and the spirit that has come from it. So after all time here at the MTC, it is time to go to work. It is time to make things happen. It is time for me to change people's lives by bringing them the light of christ. I know that this is the only true church on the earth. I know God is our loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers. I know that Christ has suffered and atoned for us, in order to get to know each of us personally. He knows us and can help us in every trial that we may have in life. I love him and his sacrifice. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. Through him the gospel was restored and the Book of Mormon was translated. I know the Book of Mormon is the true word of God, and by reading it we can grow closer to Christ. I know that we have a prophet on the earth today President Thomas S. Monson, who receives revelation for the whole church. I know that missionary work is very important today, and that this is where I am supposed to be. I love this gospel and want very badly to share it with the people of Dallas.

Thank you for your love and support Mom and family, and I hope that you enjoyed Trek this week. Thank you for sharing the stories of my friends. I love you and I can't wait to talk to you on monday.

Love,

Elder Kyle Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment