Monday, May 18, 2015

Crazy Weather!!

Hi Mom,
 
We were able to teach a lot of people this week. We mostly taught lessons to less-active members, but our investigators are progressing well also. We will be having a baptism this Saturday for Jessica Camacho the 10 yr. old. I am really excited for her, and hopefully we will have a good turn out. Our building here in Mesquite is now completely closed, and it will be from now until the end of my mission. This has been a crazy obstacle that we have had to face, but our investigators that are progressing are still coming to church.
 
The weather here has also been crazy. We have only had about two sunny days in the last three to four weeks, and the rest has been cloudy as well. Lots of rain. Many people are saying that it has rained more this spring than it has in over 40 years. On top of that, the forecast shows more rain for most of this week. I hope it keeps raining for three more weeks, so that I don't have to deal with the Texas heat this year. Today it is 90 degrees with lots of humidity.
 
The Mcswain family is also progressing very well. The Mom was baptized at 8 years old, but got married and left the church when she was 16. She recently started coming back, and so has their kids. This week we taught the kids, age 9 and 8, about baptism and they had a really hard time understanding what it was. Luckily, there was a baptism of an 8 year old in the ward which they were friends with, so they came to the baptism to see what it was like. They had a great time, and they are excited to be baptized. Yesterday they also came to a 8 is great activity where the primary talked about getting ready for baptism. They are very excited to be baptized, but they would like to move the date of their baptism to the middle of June.
 
Time has really begun to slow down these last couple of weeks. We have so many things going on and yet it still feels so slow. I guess that is a good thing, but at the same time it isn't. I am so excited for what we are going to be able to accomplish these last couple of weeks. I am so motivated to finish strong!
 
I am so excited to hear the Stewart band featuring Chase on the drums when I get back. I love listening to a good drummer. And it is going to be weird to see if there are a lot of new buildings in the area when I get back that weren't there when I left, like Taco Amigo. I love y'all very much, and I am excited to see y'all soon!
 
Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment