Monday, April 20, 2015

This week was great again!

Wow, a new car? And I saw that it has a DVD player. Perfect for road trips. I am excited to see it. What year is it?
 
This week was great again! We found lots of new investigators, and we taught lots of part-member families. We have so many solid investigators now, and I am very excited about how busy we are now teaching them. I have never had so many teaching opportunities on my mission. This week, we found 10 new investigators, and we are continuing to see lots of success here in getting the members of the ward involved. I love working with the members. It is so much fun!
 
This past Saturday, we went to the temple. It was my first time in over a year, and it was also my first time seeing one of the new temple videos. I enjoyed it a lot, and it was great to feel the spirit that is there in the temple. I plan on going much more often when I get home, but for now I am going to focus solely on working hard and helping the living. This week I also went on another exchange over to Lakewood again, which is right on the outskirts of the downtown area. I love going there, but I hate how busy it is. I definitely won't be living in a city any time soon. It was a great exchange, and we were able to learn a lot.
 
Sunday morning we had another meeting with the Stake President. Going in to the meeting, I thought it was just going to be us and him, as well as a few other high councilors, but instead the Stake President had invited all of the ward mission leaders. We started out the meeting going around and having everyone introduce their ward mission plans, and then we all discussed how we could get our wards and ward councils involved in carrying out our ward mission plans. It was a very inspiring meeting. Both of our ward mission leaders who were there came away very motivated to finish and edit the ward mission plans as well as get everyone they could involved. It was also such a great meeting for me to be able to learn how to be a great ward mission leader if I ever have that calling in the church. I hope that I can still work with the missionaries after my mission, because I love it so much!
 
We are teaching lots of people and so far, we only have one person set for baptism, but we have lots of people that are showing lots of potential. I am hoping that we can help them to come to church, then we will be able to help them realize that they need to be baptized. The work is going so well in this area!
 
I am looking forward to talking to y'all in a few weeks as well. Thank you for all that y'all do to help me. I love this gospel, and I love Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my mission and for the opportunity that I have had to serve this mission.
 
Love, Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment