Monday, April 6, 2015

Conference Weekend!!

Hi Mom,
 
I enjoyed this week quite a bit. It was busy, and I loved General Conference! General Conference as a missionary is so great! There was some downs to this weekend though. My companion had food poisoning, so we weren't able to do much Sunday afternoon, because he had to be close to the bathroom. I had a little bit of food poisoning, but not as bad as him. We are feeling better now.

On Monday we found out that we were going to have interviews on Wednesday. This came as a shock, because we had to plan 8 hours of trainings and what not, and my companion is not very close. So Tuesday morning we got together, and we were able to plan out a zone meeting that would fill the 8 hours. The Assistants took up a lot of time, and President took up some more time, and we asked several people to also train on various topics. We were feeling pretty good about the meeting and about what was going to happen.

The interviews meeting on Wednesday went really well I thought. It was a very long meeting that started at 8:30 and ended at 4:30 or so. We did a lot of role playing on teaching skills, and on contacting which is something that we haven't done too much since President Taylor came. We are really trying to help everyone perfect their teaching skills with the new method of teaching that we recently learned. I personally feel like I am starting to get the hang of it. I really like this new way of teaching. I think it is a lot of fun. Overall I think the meeting was great!

This week the work started picking up again. We found a lot of new investigators, so we will see who is ready for the gospel. We are working really hard to help the ward become more engaged in the work as well, and my hope is that by the time I leave, the ward will be engaged in missionary work. This means that I probably won't see the fruits from it, but that doesn't matter as much to me as building up the kingdom of God, and working as hard as I can. Hopefully we can see some success in that. The mission is going by so quickly.

This weekend was great! We watched the first two sessions in Spanish at a member's house. In between sessions they made us lunch, as well as they went and bought pork from the store. I don't know what it was that we ate, but afterwards I didn't feel too great, and neither did my companion. Then for dinner we had a seafood soup, which was really good, but I think it just made everything worse. Priesthood session that night was and always is my favorite session by far. The talks that are shared are so great in helping me know how I can change and be better. It was a great day overall.

Sunday I felt about the same, but my companion woke up not feeling good at all. The conference was really good, and I loved being able to watch two of the general authorities speaking in Spanish. When they spoke, we ran from the chapel over to the relief society room so we could hear their voice. Something about hearing the person's voice who is speaking just makes their talk so much better. To finish out the night my companion really wasn't doing very good, so we stayed at the member's house where we do numbers the rest of the night. I hate being sick, or having a sick companion on the mission. I just want to go out and work hard, but I know that it isn't always the best thing to do, especially when my companion is sick.

Thank you very much for the update on the family. It is going to be so weird going back to parties and stuff like that with the family. I feel like I don't know them anymore, but I look forward to that. I love the mission, and I am excited to go home, but I don't want to give up missionary work, if that makes sense. I want to continue to be a full-time missionary, but I guess I will just have to work on being a member missionary. This work is great! Thank you as well for the Easter package. I haven't been able to eat any of it because of how I have been feeling, but I am doing better now. I love y'all, and thank you very much for your love and support! I hope y'all have a great week!

Love, Kyle


No comments:

Post a Comment