Monday, January 19, 2015

Finding people to teach!

Hi Mom,

Not a whole lot has happened this past week. We were able to leave to work on Tuesday around 4:00, but because we were inside so long, it was hard to find people to teach. Phones are great, but people really don't like talking to us sometimes. I feel like they try to avoid us. So, this week we talked to a lot of people, and we set up some great appointments for this upcoming week, so hopefully we will be able to help more people and teach more lessons. Luckily I didn't get sick, and my companion is feeling much better, so everything should be good for this week.

Maricruz still hasn't really progressed at all, but Maria Fernanda Leos is our next best investigator, she is preparing to be baptized on the 7th of February, and she has progressed so much! She is the daughter of Ricardo Leos, and Marta Leos who we tried teaching when I first got here. Ricardo was baptized in February, and he is still doing so well. Now we are working on the rest of his family. Maria has started coming to church and praying, and she even started reading a little bit. Not only that, but Marta the Mom has finally started progressing so much. She is now reading the Book of Mormon as well.

At the end of the Month we are going to have Elder Russell M. Nelson come visit the mission. I am so excited to hear what he has to say and teach us. He is only going to be here for two hours, but I can't wait.

Other than that there really isn't anything else that happened this week. We knocked lots of doors, and we are working hard even if we aren't teaching lots of lessons. I love my mission! I hope you enjoy your job at UVU, that is so weird to think that my Mom is working now, since it isn't something you have done since I was 3 or so and you worked at Toys R Us for a few weeks. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment