Friday, January 16, 2015

Being sick as a missionary is the worst!!

Hi Mom,

I don't really have much to say, nor very much time to say it for this week, so this email will be short. The week started out really well. We are teaching a less-active family that hasn't been to church in ten years, and they are now showing a desire to come back. We also have a baptismal date with a young girl that is the daughter of a recent convert in the area. That should take place on February 7. She is changing a lot.

On Friday my companion became very sick, and we found out that he had strep throat, so we stayed inside all week end. I am really bored, and I think I think I am starting to get sick myself. Hopefully we will get better soon.

I will let you know more next week. Have a good week!

Love, Kyle


Hi Dad,

Sorry I don't have much time right now to email. My companion has had strep throat over the last couple of days, and he just started on the antibiotics this morning. So the last couple of days have been really boring, and I am hoping that we can leave and work tomorrow. I am tired of being inside all the time. I am not feeling great either, so we will might be inside for the next couple of days as well. Being sick as a missionary is the worst!

1. How are you and your companion getting along?
Really well. We are having a great time together.

2. How is trraining different this time around?
I am more patient, and I now how to teach better, and involve him more.

3. When are transfers and do you think you will go this time?
The beginning of February, and yes I do think I will be going.

4. How is flooding Dallas with the Book of Mormon going?
Alright, we have been teaching a lot and my companion was sick, so we haven't had much time to do it.

5.  Is the work progressing well?
Yes, the work is going so well in this area. Better than I have seen on my mission. I am loving this area.

6.  Did the family get married?
No, they want to postpone it again.

7. Did yo feel all the earthquakes? ( I was in one on my mission, very creepy feeling when the grounds starts to move under you.)
I didn't feel anything. I didn't even know there was an earthquake here.

8. What faith building experience have you had lately that will strengthen my testimony?

9.  Any funny stories?
I will tell you some next week.

10. What is the most important thing that you have learned one your mission?
Jesus Christ and his gospel are the most important things ever. It is the key to happiness, peace, comfort, blessings, and fulfillment in life. With out it, there would be no point in living. Jesus Christ should be our number one priority in everything we do, no matter what. I have seen so many people change their lives because of the gospel. And they have become so much happier. The most important thing I have learned on my mission is follow Jesus Christ by following his gospel as close as possible.

Have a great week, I will write more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment