Saturday, July 13, 2013

Week 3

I am at the actual MTC. An average day at the MTC includes personal study, language study, and additional study. We also have two classes a day for 3 hours each, where we have gospel study, language instruction, and role play practice with our teacher as a fake investigator. Each day we then have gym time and of course three meals a day. I am learning so much.

For my spanish, I learned how to roll my Rs this week!!! The gift of tongues is real. I have taught 9 or 10 discussions so far, so I can barely have a conversation, I just need more work especially on comprehending what the other person says. This week, I had my first chance to participate in what is called TRC. This is where we teach actual members a lesson. It was great practice on how to begin a lesson. My companion and I went into this lesson with out anything planned, because we didn't know, and yet we were able to teach for 20 minutes. The spirit was so strong, and I was directed on exactly what and how to say what I needed to. This was by far, one of the best experiences I have had since I came to the MTC. I loved it so much!

I have learned throughout all of these role plays, that when you go into a lesson with everything prepared as to what you will say, the spirit isn't present. I have learned that I must have faith that the spirit will help say what needs to be said, and I have already seen it. Another great experience this week happened in my last lesson. My companion and I taught for about the same amount of time, instead of me dominating the lesson. We were really in tune with the spirit, and my companion was able to teach more than he had in the past.

To keep ourselves entertained at night, the elders in my room made a four square court out of tape, and we hung up a nerf basketball hoop. The fastest hour of the day is definitely the last one, where we have a chance to relax and unwind for the night. We have had some pretty crazy nights. Another one of our hobbies, is that on new missionary day, we go around to all of the rooms with new missionaries. We knock on the door, and then one of the Elders in my room walks in without saying anything, and I take his picture with everyone in the room. We have gotten some great pictures!

I am definitely doing great! I might be getting a little bit sick of the MTC, but I still love it!
I love you all very much!

Elder Stewart


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment